Ricoh 7110 white problem

thebluesdude

Hey guys, have I been hoodwinked or have any of you found a way to print the white behind an image ie overprint and image on top of white on a coloured card? the only way we can get it to do this is by putting the paper through first hit it with white sorry I meant gray!!! (white my arse) and then print the image on top, if we get the registration.?

Apologies for the double post Google Chrome was being very slow

Last edited:
You have to put the white down first followed by the colour after on a separate run. Registration in our experience has been good enough on this.

Physically the machine is not capable of that. The white/clear station is the last in line therefore white prints last. We have had good luck running 2 pass white so far.

It's been designed so that you print on transparent plastic in reverse for example cmyk and then white in select spots under the ink. Also it is designed to print on coloured substrates.

Hey guys, have I been hoodwinked or have any of you found a way to print the white behind an image ie overprint and image on top of white on a coloured card? the only way we can get it to do this is by putting the paper through first hit it with white sorry I meant gray!!! (white my arse) and then print the image on top, if we get the registration.?

Apologies for the double post Google Chrome was being very slow

Yep, thats the only way to do it. I had white installed the first week. I doubt I will ever install it again. I use chear once in a while though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back