Ricoh 720 vs KM 7000

bompi

Xerox 5000AP rejected the idea, now we're undecided between the RICOH 720 or the new KM7000, the first we've seen and tried and we liked the second and unfortunately not be available until October.
Someone can give me some information or advice between the two machines. The KM 7000 is the old KM6501 in a new box or is it a new engine.

Can't tell you anything about the Konica but FYI the c720 is identical to the c900 just slowed down.

You should post what you are planning on doing with the machine.

We are looking for a car that has excellent print quality, to create brochures, flyers, and photo books.
Now we have a DC250 that we are satisfied for many applications, but not sufficient quality for photo book, we wanted some advice about who we are already working with these machines and knows better.

To be honest I don't know too much about the 7000 other than the quality is supposed to be the same as the 8000 i.e 1200x1200x8. Also you can add the extra fuser unit. This has matured into a excellent chassis.

Can't tell you anything about the Konica but FYI the c720 is identical to the c900 just slowed down.

While the c720's print quality is the same as the c900, there are more differences than just a slower engine. In addition, these changes are not upgradeable - you can't move from a c720 to a c900 with a parts swap.

Mark H

Xerox 5000AP rejected the idea, now we're undecided between the RICOH 720 or the new KM7000, the first we've seen and tried and we liked the second and unfortunately not be available until October.
Someone can give me some information or advice between the two machines. The KM 7000 is the old KM6501 in a new box or is it a new engine.

I just signed the paperwork on a c900 that will be installed over the next couple weeks. I spent a month evaluating the c900 (and three contenders) and picked it for print quality, cost per impression, and quality of support. I understand that the c720 uses the same print engine, but has some mechanical differences (obviously at 72ppm vs 90ppm) that go beyond just print speed.

If you NEED the new print engine now, and the c720 specs meet your current and future needs, I would suggest you go with that. If you can wait, and like the Konica Minolta platform (I do, we have 5 KM1050 installed and running 1.5 million impressions/month) then wait for the KM7000 to come out this fall.

Mark H

Unfortunately I have no way to wait for the autumn to see the machine and then purchase, as I would like to take advantage of government incentives ending in July to purchase new technology.
I'm very undecided between the two machines, Ricoh and Konica Minolta, Konica those who use it always speaks very well, Ricoh will I hear less and less especially good, although the prints I saw were very good.
Now look official estimates and decide on price. I hope to do well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back