Ricoh 7200 vs Canon C910

fred111

I'm looking at replacing a Ricoh 7100 that's at the end of the lease. My vendor is pushing a Canon C910. Is it comparable to a Ricoh 7200?

Even if your volume was going down, the C910 would likely bring you frustrations on things you take for granted on the Ricoh production machine. If you've liked the machine during your five or however many years with it, then I'd be inclined to stick with the brand and workflow you're used to.

I've only had Ricoh till now. C900 then C901, now C7100. I'm concerned about the Canon C910 making us as happy as we have been with the Ricoh.

I don't have any canon experience, but I did upgrade one of my 7110's to a 7200 and no regrets so far. Wish it would do #10 envelopes would be my biggest issue with it.

If you are trained on the TRCU program I would stick with what you know. I almost went down to the 5300 but glad I stuck with the 7200.

I don't have any canon experience, but I did upgrade one of my 7110's to a 7200 and no regrets so far. Wish it would do #10 envelopes would be my biggest issue with it.

If you are trained on the TRCU program I would stick with what you know. I almost went down to the 5300 but glad I stuck with the 7200.
There is an envelope feeder kit coming out sometime this year (summer?). Ask your Ricoh Solutions Engineer (the Fiery guy) about it. You can do #10s now but only with flaps open.

There is an envelope feeder kit coming out sometime this year (summer?). Ask your Ricoh Solutions Engineer (the Fiery guy) about it. You can do #10s now but only with flaps open.

Got anymore details on this? My tech knows nothing about it. Any idea how it attaches to the machine? Pictures?

I can get the machine to feed envelopes flap closed but the issue comes up that it dog ears the envelopes, will this kit fix that as well?

There is an envelope adapter for running them flaps closed that is currently in beta testing. As of March '21 there was no official announcement or launch date. If all goes well I would guess that availability could be later this year.
Sorry but that's all I know.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back