Ricoh 9110 Paper Catalog Issues

cDirect

Anyone ever had an issue with the paper catalog getting in the way of aligning a tray?

I used to not have this issue but here is the jest of it

Pre-Issue
I could go into the Device Center and align a tray with a specific paper catalog stock in it (not manual setting)

Post-Issue
Can't align a tray with anything but an manual paper setting. The the machine sends the sheet it gives me a Mismatch error.

Conclusion
I am thinking this is a fiery issue and updated it and it fixed the issue with it doing the same thing when i profiled the stock but still doing it when I try to align the tray. Maybe the paper catalog is corrupted? I have had Ricoh out here for 2 days and no dice.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Export and save your custom catalog just in case and have your tech or SE reload with any newer master versions. If it's not too much effort I'd seriously consider recreating your customs from scratch.

Found the issue! The issue is an SP6 patch for Command Workstation. You have to have a tool to roll these patches back you get on the service site from Ricoh. Tech grabbed it and rolled back the API update and the SP6 patch (two completely separate things.
Everything back to normal with profiling stocks and alignment after both were removed.

Last edited:
Found the issue! The issue is an SP6 patch for Command Workstation. You have to have a tool to roll these patches back you get on the service site from Ricoh. Tech grabbed it and rolled back the API update and the SP6 patch (two completely separate things.
Everything back to normal with profiling stocks and alignment after both were removed.
NICE!! That's what always scares me about patches, which is that sometimes while fixing an issue it breaks another.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back