Ricoh C7100 "self checking" problem

Hi everyone,

After pausing and doing a "self check" in the middle of a run. The colour shifted quite dramatically on this machine. Not ideal, can the self checking be temporarily turned off whilst running?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would get a tech in too look at your machine, ours does self checks but has never changed the color after it finishes.

Hi and thanks for replying so quickly,

We are still getting to know this machine. I pulled a proof of a job at 4.30pm yesterday and this morning at 8.30am when I pulled another of the same job, the colour had visibly shifted. After leaving the machine for an hour or so during which the temperature inside the machine and outside had risen by 3 degrees I then pulled another and the colour is back to that of the initial pull. Obviously very sensitive to temp. and humidity.

Thanks again.

When they perform those self checks they take into account the temperature and humidity. You can force the machine to adjust anytime by running "execute process initial setting" which is under skilled operators / machine maintenance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back