Ricoh C7200e vs Versant 4100

Dito

Hello,
i want to replace our Versant 180.
I decide between the Versant 4100 and the Ricoh C7200e, the price is about the same. I can't decide so I'm coming to you for advice.

We have a V80 and recently was considering similar upgrade between Xerox and Ricoh. One thing I saw which could be a big issue for us was the Ricohs seem to suffer badly from switching paper sizes. i.e. if you're running A4 and decide to switch to SRA3 it'll leave lines where the edge of the A4 sheets were on SRA3 image. We switch sizes all the time so might be an issue.

Maybe others who have made Xerox to Ricoh switch can confirm how it effected them.

What would you like to know? I have posted a thread on here comparing the differences. We switched from a V2100 to a couple of Ricohs.

When I looked at the Ricoh samples I was unimpressed. It was not better then our V3100 quality wise, banding etc. On the other hand I did not have the ability to see what the drums 2nd BTR etc. part usage was or try different screens etc. Xerox made me a great offer on the Iridesse with FS-400 on the Fiery that I could not refuse. IQ wise it is night and day different than the V3100.

If you are really interested in the Ricoh machine find someone that runs them daily and get them to run samples of your actual jobs, just to see if it is an improvement over your V80. IQ wise I don't think the V4100 will be an improvement over the V80. Alignment, ease of use and more control such as the paper catalog will be.

Čo by si chcel vedieť? Poslal som sem vlákno porovnávajúce rozdiely. Z V2100 sme prešli na pár Ricohov.
I printed the samples on ricoh 7200. On coated paper it was ok, but on uncoated the print seemed glossy and not very high quality.

We have a V80 and recently was considering similar upgrade between Xerox and Ricoh. One thing I saw which could be a big issue for us was the Ricohs seem to suffer badly from switching paper sizes. i.e. if you're running A4 and decide to switch to SRA3 it'll leave lines where the edge of the A4 sheets were on SRA3 image. We switch sizes all the time so might be an issue.

Maybe others who have made Xerox to Ricoh switch can confirm how it effected them.

All you gotta do is run a fuser cleaning cycle which takes about 5 minutes and your good to go, I do it all the time, the marks are gone after that.

The quality on the the 7200e has been good for us on both gloss and uncoated, they key is calibrating it correctly in the paper library.

So in the end I decided to stay with xerox. I have the installation scheduled for the end of August. Then I write if 4100 is better than 180.

So in the end I decided to stay with xerox. I have the installation scheduled for the end of August. Then I write if 4100 is better than 180.
I am looking to upgrade my Versat 180 and the Versat 4100 is in the running. How is yours running now? Does the 4100 take the same image drums as the 180?

Wonder if the decision to stay with Xerox came back to bite you with the toner/parts shortage?

Chcem upgradovať svoj Versat 180 a Versat 4100 je v prevádzke. Ako teraz beží ten váš? Má 4100 rovnaké obrazové bubny ako 180?
Ahoj, naša 4100 je ťažný kôň, mám tiež dni, keď zožerie paletu papiera. Som rád, že som zostal pri Xeroxe. Kvalita je úžasná, lepšia ako 180. A čo sa farieb týka, 4100 je oveľa presnejšia ako konkurencia.

Interesting that Slovakia didn't have supply issues while everyone else did. Are you having paper shortages on your side of the pond?

Zaujímavé, že Slovensko nemalo problémy so zásobovaním, kým všetci ostatní mali. Máte nedostatok papiera na vašej strane rybníka?
No s papierom je to horšie na niektoré papiere sa čaká aj dva mesiace.
A cena niektorých papierov išla aj o 100% nahor.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back