Ricoh C720s toner adhering to paper is an issue.

What stock are you using and what settings? Find out from your technician what level of firmware the engine is at and see if they can up the fusing temp.

What paper is it and what paper settings are you using on the machine ? If you use Special 3 Thick 3 and it still comes off call the tech they can set the temp slightly higher and change the nip width.

As of today we were still addressing toner adhering to gloss text. One side was great but once put back through to do the other side, the first side scratches off very easily. Techs were in today and we now have to buy a second fuser unit that is set up to print only the text weights and a second unit for heavy card stock. Any others owning the new ricoh having these types of issues? If so, do you have some advice?

As of today we were still addressing toner adhering to gloss text. One side was great but once put back through to do the other side, the first side scratches off very easily. Techs were in today and we now have to buy a second fuser unit that is set up to print only the text weights and a second unit for heavy card stock. Any others owning the new ricoh having these types of issues? If so, do you have some advice?

When I have had this type of issue I either had to just change the media settings or rebuild the fuser. Also there are some settings in the service mode that can be changed that might help.

Did they tell you what they are doing to the fuser ?

We've had several things done to our 720 and have tried all the different settings and toner is still scratching off.

What brand of stock are you running? Is it LASER/DIGITAL stock? I have nearly 2 dozen C720/C900's in my marketplace and whenever I hear of a customer having similar issues it's almost always a paper setting issue. What city/state are you in? who services your machine - is it Ricoh, IKON or a local dealer? I have one customer that runs 5 and 7 mil PVC thru their C900 without issue, they have to manually flip the sheet but toner adhesion isn't an issue.

Are there any Ricoh C720 or c900 users out there that are having toner issues? I can scrape mine of with my fingernail.

I also have a ricoh c720s that the toner scrapes off the paper. The company recommended special brands of paper and it did not work. I have tried all paper type and still scrapes off. They even replaced parts in the fuser and Also up the temperature some and is still not fusing correctly. I believe that it is not a paper problem, etc. It is a manufacturer issue.

If you find out anything please let me know.

We are still having toner problems! Toner easily scratches off. The techs have been in everyday trying to resolve these issues. We were told to order only digital precut stocks which we have, several different kinds...no luck! We have tried everything from different settings, temperature changes, pressure changes, bought an extra fuser unit...nothing. I agree it's not a paper issue, it is a manufacture issue. Very frustrating!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back