Ricoh C900

I've had the c900s for 3 months and had all the same issues.

I'm a working owner that runs a 4/c 20" and a 2/c 20" by my self all day. When I walk into my office thru prepress I see two people running a freakin copier, do you think I'm pissed yet !!!

And believe me, my people are good.

Happy New Year in advance. Who is your service provider. What is your meter reading.Whether your issues been resolved. Did you demo 901.

This is straight out of Printweek.com.

I am not making it up.

The C900 runs at its rated speed of 90 A4 ppm across the entire range of stocks both coated and uncoated, at all sizes, including 2up on SRA3 and on its entire rated stock range of 60-300gsm. Before we started development we asked printers about their pain points and included the feedback in the specification, says Moloney. One of the biggest gripes was the speed reduction of other digital presses on coated, duplexed and heavy stocks. The C900 is 90ppm whatever you throw at it, he says. One of the biggest headaches printers identified with machines that slow down was in trying to schedule and plan around variable speeds.

In the past three years Ricoh has expanded on its roots in office imaging, adding production print products with the acquisition of Hitachi’s printer business and the distribution company Infotec. It has also taken a stake in Infoprint Solutions, IBM’s high-volume print division, which Ricoh will eventually wholly own.

Happy New Year in advance.Please explain me differance between 900 & 901 on quality & reliability. What is delta "e" of both machines. What way you are associated with Ricoh. Thanks.

Since resolving the adhesion/scratching issues last spring, the machine has been great. We have just over 450,000 clicks(mostly 11x17 and larger) on our machine. We didn't demo the 901 as that wasn't released until much later this year. With the ability to duplex up to 300gsm stocks, and the new toner/fuser without fuser oil, I would take a serious look at the 901. However, with being a very new machine for Ricoh, you will want to judge the experience and reliability(ie get local references) of your local company's service techs.

If I had the choice I would not purchase the ricoh. I have had it for 9 mo and have about 18 service calls per month not a reliable machine.

What is Ricoh doing to address all of the problems with the adhesion with the toner?

drprinter, what's happening...?

drprinter, what's happening...?

we're looking seriously at the ricoh 900 and i'm curious what kinds of jobs you're running and if you have any comments on why you might be having so many service calls/what kinds of issues they're for etc...

also, what kind of service are you finding from ricoh? responsive? i can't imagine that after 18 calls a month (basically they live at your shop) they're not miserable (not as miserable as you must be, of course!)...am curious how you navigate that relationship...can only imagine it's tense all the way around, no? (if not obvious, am looking for advice on what to do if we end up in a call/day situation! :)

but am curious what kinds of jobs you run to see if they're at all similar to ours...

any thoughts appreciated!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back