Ricoh C901

I'm having a demo on a 901 on Wednesday. Will have a large bundle of textured stock to test. Anyone got any idea what I should look for to get a 260gsm linen printing? Thanks.

Greetings. Your opinion about 901 after demo. With which rip you had demo. Which equipment you are currently using. Thanks.

I have been running 2 Pro C901's for three months daily and both units are about 30K off their first 400K PM cycle. Neither machine has required service and we have not replaced any of the parts in the ORU kit. The C901 seems to just keep going...

Finally it is installed, the only comment I can do to Ricoh is precisely the delay with which I have delivered and installed the printer because I am very happy for the rest, I had some concerns about the quality embossed cards on the first try but doubt has been deleted. The quality is excellent on all types of paper, nothing to envy to its competitors, plus 90 pages per minute ensure high productivity.

Greetings,
Please tell us which rip you selected. Also share your experience after using for few weeks.
Thanks.
Salecha

Finally it is installed, the only comment I can do to Ricoh is precisely the delay with which I have delivered and installed the printer because I am very happy for the rest, I had some concerns about the quality embossed cards on the first try but doubt has been deleted. The quality is excellent on all types of paper, nothing to envy to its competitors, plus 90 pages per minute ensure high productivity.

The machine has been installed for about 2 weeks, and we have already printed 40,000 SRA3, both coated and uncoated paper, with no problems. The print quality is excellent, the leaves come out slightly warm, but well laid out with high weights. We printed about 5,000 copies in SRA3 with uncoated 275-gr. in front and back automatically without problem.
For the moment I am very satisfied.
Rip that we have installed is the Fiery E-81.

Greetings. Please give your current opinion on Ricoh c901. You are one among few early buyer of 901. What is your current Color & Black meter reading. When you have mixed job of color & black, do you use 901 for printing black or any other machine. Thanks.
Salecha

We we just bought, we were directed on the C900 but as soon as we have seen the improvements that the 901 did not we think of a second.
The print quality is improved compared to the 900, has no fuser oil, and then laminating it is much easier now able to produce good results even on embossed paper. The printer cost price € 135k, and has a very aggressive cost per copy € 0.045 A3 = A4. Is positioned in the market and the Xerox 7000/8000 KM8000, if they had the possibility of five color I think would be an excellent rival even the Xerox 800/1000.

Greetings. Please share your opinion about machine performance after replacement. You had promised to inform the forum.
Thanks.
Salecha

Thanks guys for the replies. In fact Ricoh is coming back tomorrow to replace the main unit since the movers damaged it during transit. **Crossing my fingers** this will solve ALL the problems with the print abilities of the machine.

It will be very nice to finally see our machine outfitted with all the options that we ordered for it and running at 100% capacity. I'll be back in touch and let you know how this new machine performs on linen or textured stocks. I will ask my service tech in the morning to check all that out to before he leaves after the new install. Thanks!!

is the Ricoh C900 a good production machine? It was replaced by the C901 really fast!

I've had the c900 in-house through IKON since June of last year. Good color platform from a print quality and color consistency standpoint. However, we have experienced significant connectivity issues between the unit and the Fiery RIP that "are being addressed at the factory level". Not saying these issues would have been a deal killer, but for what we're paying each month in lease and click charges I would expect them to be addressed sooner.

Mark H

Guys, I spend two days last week testing Ricoh 901 print quality and I'm very surprised with the results, to say the least.

Have to say we have been using here Xerox DC5252 and 5000, both with CREO Rips and compared to these, Ricoh is a major update.

So, we decided to buy one. Our options here (we are based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) are Minolta 7000 (big problems in hevy paper, I made several tests), Canon (bad service and maintenance) and Xerox 1000 (lower quality, dots, compared to Ricoh and even Minolta).
As we know, this is a very new printer, very few people seems to have them around the world. So, every user opinio ins very important.

To the friends above, when possible, please leave a coment with your opinions and recomendations. And the same to every new owner of a Ricoh 901.

I will do the same as soon as I get mine. If someone wants, I can post scans from the sample files we made with Ricoh and the same prints we did in Xerox 5000. They are very eloquent.

Hope to read a lot more information about that printer here. I'm not sure yet, but I think the 901 is a small revolution in digital printing, considering print cycles/month, cost, reliability and print quality.

Let´s hope so, only time will tell.

Best regards, Nik.
Copy House

Hello All,
Saw this thread today..I have posted in another thread my various demos..

This is a c/p from the that thread...

:.....I just demo'ed the Rich 901

Again I had set up an FTP for files for the demo a week in advance
I emailed the paper I was bringing
Carolina 14pt C2S 306 GSM
Carolina 15pt. C1S 280 GSM
Endurance 80# gloss cover

the machine did feed the 14pt. ..image was bad, streaked and didn't fuse well

the machine did feed the 15pt. .same problem , didn't fuse well , with streaks

the 80# fed fine..no issues, with good color and good registration..actually, very good registration sheet to sheet and front to back.

the rep offered to run my heavy paper on another machine at a tech site..we were at an end user site, which is where I prefer to demo equipment........"

I posted this on 4/19..I have yet to hear back anything

this is a link to that thread
http://printplanet.com/forums/digit.../25223-xerox-800-vs-km-c8000-vs-canon-c7010vp

Paper Exit Problem

Paper Exit Problem

Yeah if you have the buffer pass you don't need the little fan. The fan on the exit does help though. I had a place that was getting bricking and adding the fan solved the issue.

Today though I was at one with the fan and they were running thin 12x18. The paper would shoot out too far off the shift tray and not stack well. Turning off the fan stopped that so it's good you can turn it off I guess.

Your finisher should have come with a plastic adapter that fits on the end of the finisher tray and angles the paper on the tray... if it is missing yout ricoh tech can order a replacement, it will stop your sheets flying off the end....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back