Ricoh c901s

I have been running 2 Pro C901's for three months daily and both units are about 30K off their first 400K PM cycle. Neither machine has required service and we have not replaced any of the parts in the ORU kit. The C901 seems to just keep going...

If you have too much money wanna throw into the sea, go for Ricoh 901; If you really want to run your printing business KM C7000 or C8000 is the right choise!

If you have too much money wanna throw into the sea, go for Ricoh 901; If you really want to run your printing business KM C7000 or C8000 is the right choise!

Could you please explain your statement? We tested the 7000 and the 901, and saw many differences between them. In my opinion, this is not a matter of cost, but of what you are going to print. Those two printers has been developed to different markets needs. For ours, we need a 901.
Regards!

Could you please explain your statement? We tested the 7000 and the 901, and saw many differences between them. In my opinion, this is not a matter of cost, but of what you are going to print. Those two printers has been developed to different markets needs. For ours, we need a 901.
Regards!

Same with us, we chose the 901 instead. Very satisfied with this machine.

C900 vs C 901

C900 vs C 901

Anyone upgrade from a C900 to a 901? We have had a 900 for almost 2 years & aren't as pleases as one would hope with it. I have seen the C901 but I couldn't see THAT much of a difference between the 2, other than the obvious lack of fuser oil. My question is, how much better is it really? Is there less down time?

Just a quick update on our ongoing 901 issues. It would seem that after a teleconference with techs around the US and Ricoh people in Japan that most 901's are experiencing the same issues as we are having. They decided to change out the Cyan and Magenta developer units to see if that would make a difference with our solids. Same result, solids in both colors extremely bad. Well it now seems that Ricoh/Japan is acknowledging that there is indeed a problem with the solid reproduction in these two units and are currently working on a fix. I will continue to keep you posted on the ongoing solid issue. Good machine if they can get the 2 units printing correctly. As I have stated before, this machine is a work horse. It will eat almost anything you run thru it.

We reciently put in a Ricoh C901 GAE unit. We have had the unit installed now for over two months. We are having issues that we are now being told is a result of the location of the unit. We were told this was developed with the commercial printer in mind. We had five Ricoh representatives at our shop all of them approved the location. Now it is constantly printing heavy banding across the page. They say it is the chemicals in the are from the press room. Now they say we will have to relocate the unit...

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else have issues of this nature?

We reciently put in a Ricoh C901 GAE unit. We have had the unit installed now for over two months. We are having issues that we are now being told is a result of the location of the unit. We were told this was developed with the commercial printer in mind. We had five Ricoh representatives at our shop all of them approved the location. Now it is constantly printing heavy banding across the page. They say it is the chemicals in the are from the press room. Now they say we will have to relocate the unit...

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else have issues of this nature?

Thought: Complete BS! Ask them what specific chemical(s) is(are) causing this issue - since they are certain that it is the problem. And if you come in and run the engine with the shop closed down do you not have the same issue? If they approved the placement, they need to pay for any costs associated with moving the unit - such as power rerouting and down time. If they balk - pull out the CED and start the process rolling for removal and refund.
And when you call them in to discuss it, have a KonicaMinolta 8000 and Cannon 7000 brochure placed on your desk, with business cards attached.
There have been issues with quality on these units but that was early on in the release, have not heard of any issues in the past year.

I have seen an issue with a canon box that was placed in the same room as a film developer for a photographer. Once they moved the machine and replaced all drums/developer their issues went away. It appears the fumes from the chemicals in the air created a film on the drums causing all sorts of banding and color shifts.

I have seen an issue with a canon box that was placed in the same room as a film developer for a photographer. Once they moved the machine and replaced all drums/developer their issues went away. It appears the fumes from the chemicals in the air created a film on the drums causing all sorts of banding and color shifts.

To me, once they (Ricoh or representative company) approve the location and blessed it, it is the problem of the company to make it work. If it requires a move and costs associated plus lost revenue should be paid for by Ricoh or the company the approved the location. Any jobs rejected or discounts given due to the quality of the print should also be addressed by them.

Last edited:
To me, once they (Ricoh or representative company) approve the location and blessed it, it is the problem of the company to make it work. If it requires a move and costs associated plus lost revenue should be paid for by Ricoh or the company the approved the location. Any jobs rejected or discounts given due to the quality of the print should also be addressed by them.

That, I agree with! They didn't do their job!

I want to 1st start by saying I work for Ricoh. I am a Graphic Arts Rep for them and I only call on print shops. In my state there are 2 of us in this position. My colleague had a similar situation with a C901 he placed. We were having issues with halos and banding. My colleague ordered an air quality kit and sure enough it was the chemicals from the plate maker. We relocated the C901 to an adjoining room and the problem went away immediately. If you still need help with this PM me your info, location and I could contact your rep and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Too bad Ricoh doesn't sell paper - Then you could just tell them the problem is that they aren't using Ricoh paper.

But, no company would do that, right?....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back