Ricoh pro c751ex

Ricoh 751/651

Ricoh 751/651

Does anybody have the ricoh 651/751 ex installed. If so, any feedback? Went to demo and was impressed but without any in the field hard to know reliability in real world.

Does anyone know how many envelopes can be loaded into the optional envelope tray, at a time? Cant seem to be able to find much out about the envelope capabilities. Thanks.

Does anyone know how many envelopes can be loaded into the optional envelope tray, at a time? Cant seem to be able to find much out about the envelope capabilities. Thanks.

Envelopes have to run in tray 4 and must be run with the flaps open. You will need to go into the paper settings and adjust tray 4 to Envelope and select the size. (remember to measure from the tip of the open flap of the envelope to the base. You will then need to go into advance operator mode under the utilities button and turn off double feed detection & skewing for tray 4 only- Voila! you are now running envelopes buddy. Oh don't forget to turn back on double feed detection and skewing once you are done.

On the instructions in drawer 4 it shows and adapter to run envelopes, I have not recieved one to my knowledge and our rep appears to be clueless as to where or how to get the adapter. Do you know what I could tell him to help?

On the instructions in drawer 4 it shows and adapter to run envelopes, I have not recieved one to my knowledge and our rep appears to be clueless as to where or how to get the adapter. Do you know what I could tell him to help?

There is no adapter necessary to run envelopes. They obviously have never seen or done it before. Here is a link I recorded on how to run envelopes and uploaded on YouTube. Sorry about the quality, I took it on my phone and the guy holding it was ok at best. This should answer all your questions but if you still need help I will be happy to do so. Oh by the way you must run them with the flaps open and face down.

Ricoh C751EX Envelope Printing - YouTube

Thanks,nice to know I can run them that way. It would still be nice to know where the adapter is, it clearly shows it and if you look the mount hardware is there.

It's a nice option but you won't want to do it for any kind of volume. Envelopes come flaps closed. So you'll have to open all the flaps. Most mail machines require closed flaps for inserting and sealing...so you'll have to reclose the flaps manually.

I dont open the flaps, I just run them closed. Last run was about 2.000 pieces with variable data and almost had no jams.

We have a Mach 5 to do our color envelopes, I just thought it would be handy if a customer wanted that laser shine. Of course the cost would be a Lot higher to run them on our 651 but I like to have the option.

It's a nice option but you won't want to do it for any kind of volume. Envelopes come flaps closed. So you'll have to open all the flaps. Most mail machines require closed flaps for inserting and sealing...so you'll have to reclose the flaps manually.

You can buy envelopes with the flaps open if opening them is a problem for you.

Funny, I've never come across a case of envelopes with the flaps already opened in any size. Must be a special order type item.

Even still, if you want to do 50 or 100 envelopes, great no biggie. But if you're doing a realistic mail job of 300-500, or 10,000-20,000 or more; no one is going to stand there and open the flaps and close the flaps; or just close the flaps to prepare them for the mail machines.

Most printers can run #10 envelopes in small quantities just fine. If the machine can run a #10 windowed envelope without messing it up; then I will start to be impressed.

Also, most other less expensive machines run the envelopes without having to open the flaps. Like the Xante Illumina, although not my favorite machine.

Last edited:
It possibly depends on where in the world you are located. A lot of the envelopes that we use are supplied with open flaps. In the case of self-seal (not peel & seal) I'm not sure that they can be supplied any other way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back