ricoh vs. KM vs. Xerox - mid size workhorses needed

FastColorInColumbia

Lease renewal time is coming up so We've gotta decide if were going to stay with our CPP650 and Bpp650s (IKON) just a 1 year extention, or go to the KM6500s or Xerox 700s or Ricoh 900s. I know the ikon 650 is a KM 6500 but the Fiery rip between the two is a world of difference. I know alot about these machines but I need yall to throw at me what you know as differences between them, pros and cons. Go ahead, give it to me like a Thai hooker, (its ok Im Thai).

From what I have found, the x700 skews up to 3mm (fish tail) and the solids aren't flash. The c900 is not a mid size workhorse, at 90pages you need the volume to keep it happy, get samples first before considering it. See them print the samples.

IKON is now own by Ricoh, so you have to wonder why IKON will like to sell you a KM machine or keep servicing yours. IKON is not getting any more support, products or parts from KM as far as I know.

Between the KM6500 and X700, I'd say that one important factor you'll definetely have to consider is local support. Who will be supporting/maintaining your unit? Find out locally who has these machines.

About the Ricoh 900, I still haven't seen one in since it was launched. I wonder how are they doing. But like UberTech says, first you need to have the right print volume. If you have it, then you should be looking at the new Xerox DocuColor 8002.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back