Ricoh's Ikon acquisition

I run several Ikon CPP650s and several of the consumables as well as parts in the Ikon are Konica branded products, developer, etc. so we will see. The Ikon supply chain so far has been great and I am receiving a Ricoh C900 Pro in three weeks.

I don't know if you will see this, but I am wondering how you made out with those cpp650's.Please respond if you see [email protected]

Wishing for a better solution

Wishing for a better solution

It is difficult after a merger to offer the same level of support and service that you did for a product that is not longer your “first offering.” I was there for the Minolta and Konica merger which were relatively simple since they had been offering each other’s technology for years and it was between them.

I also was there for the Ricoh and Ikon merger which wasn’t so simple. Since Ikon was the world’s largest independent distributor of office products mainly Canon and Konica Minolta they had great relationships with both.

This is no longer true.

Yes they have agreements that they will get help but those agreements do not say how fast! I worked for Ikon for 2 years and our techs would do anything to help our KM customers but the truth is that they didn’t get the same level of service as they would have if we would not have been bought out! Fact!

I have seen customers wait over a month for a hard to get part that would have normally taken a day or two.

Lesson to be learned always buy the “premiere” offering from a company not something that they kind or sort of do.

When buying from Ikon buy Ricoh when buying Konica Minolta but from Konica Minolta or look for a very strong dealer in the area that is showing some competitive spirit but look at their customer base and ability to service you long term.

Don’t make the mistake of shopping the best deal and going with an unproven provider. The cost to you is more than the click charge. A Mercedes in the garage is just a broken car not a luxury vehicle!

Just cause I care,

Pirate Mike…
For more insight go to; digitalprintingevolution.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
We at Xerox are so greedy and don't care about our customers. Like the customer who we helped prepare to win a 2.5 million printing contract, or the countless others we send out to the Gil Hatch center on our dime to learn about vertical segments or profitable skills. Plus, when we bring in monsters like Peter Muir to consult with them for FREE to show how much we are interested in their success, that's just more corporate greed! I was a KM customer for 8 years before joining Xerox and never once did that "nice Mom & Pop" dealer, or KM direct ever offer any help to me in regards to my business.

Forget all of this "my box is better than yours" crap and take a good look at the products yourself. If you are fooled by salesman hype, shame on you. If you only buy a Ricoh C900 because your Ikon rep has always been a nice guy, shame, shame! After you evalute the product, pay close attention and do your homework about the local service support. Are there more than 1 or 2 techs working for a provider and do they understand production environments? Also, what does the company or the rep offer to help you make money with your purchase? Without knowledge and a vision, your company will go nowhere and your printer is just a box you plug into the wall. We may not be the answer for everyone at Xerox, but we have the tools and resources to help printing companies grow and differentiate themselves in the market place.

Great hardware, great workflow, great sales training and great technical support should all be demanded by you when purchasing your next printer - no matter which model it is.

I'm looking for insight on how this acquisition might impact Ikon's current relationship with Konica Minolta. Everything I've read is focused on the negative impact that Canon has suffered, but no one has touched on the stability between Ikon and Konica. I'm shopping for a production printer, and the co-branded Ikon/Konica machine is winnning the race. But if Ikon will soon be ill-equipped to service this machine, I don't want to go anywhere near it.

Has anyone looked into this? I'd appreciate any information at all that might help me make an informed decision. Thanks so much.
I have a Ikon Business Pro 500 and have used Ikon for the past 8 years and the service has been outstanding. I would not buy or lease any product from Savin. My copier lease is up in 7 months and I will be looking for a different supplier.

Please send me side by side comparison.
Thanks.
Salecha

I'm a Canon rep--I suggest you wait for the imagePRO 1110,1125, 1135. The quality is beyond anything in the digital world. Seeing is believing, and I've got sample output that no one can touch. It's less money than the iR Pro 7110, 125, 135 150, and to be fair, these are far heavier-duty machines built for 5 milion per month. The imagePRO is probably for monthly duty cycles of 1 million or less (no official figures yet), and its sweet spot is probably 500k. Canon has a side-by-side comparison with Nuvera, KM, Ricoh, which I can send anyone who is interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back