RIP IC-601 from Konica Minolta

We are looking on RIP's for an Km C70hc, and the KM dealer toll us that the RIP from KM is a loot cheaper!
Can any one tell me if this is any good choice?
Any one with experience on working with that rip!?
What is the pro's and con's!?
It is any good with variable data printing?

thanks

We have a C65HC, to my understanding these machines do not work without rip at all. The only 2 rips that can drive it are creo and efi but they both are specially made for KM

We have a C65HC, to my understanding these machines do not work without rip at all. The only 2 rips that can drive it are creo and efi but they both are specially made for KM

That is not true. The IC-601 is Konicas own rip. To my understanding KMs that are sold by Komori have IC-601 as a default option.

@RJ I don't know about the variable data capabilities of the IC but you can always get separate (often better/flexible) software for the VDP stuff. So don't let that stop you.

Choices are Fiery IC-408 embedded, and two external: Fiery IC-305 or Creo IC-304.

Last edited:
lets try this again.... the choices are IC-601, IC-307 or IC-306 for the 70HC. The 601 takes PPML v2.1 files, can be operated through the touch panel of the copier and ties into the inline spectrophotometers in the RU unit of the machine.

Being developed by KM, the IC-601 is the best-integrated controller for KM machines that you can get. If you have a history with Fiery and are used to using Command Workstation, go with that. Same for Remote Workspace and Creo. But if you are coming in carte blanche, I'd give the IC-601 a serious look. It has robust drivers for MacOS and Windows, nice job and color management utilities (for Windows only), and has more user functionality at the engine console than the alternatives, including job ticket and page editing, job scheduling, and more. (Disclaimer: I work for KM, but happened to be working on a controller comparison this morning.)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back