Roland VP540 inks

TheDeVil

Hi guys, I'm new here and you are all great I must say.

We have Roland Versacamm VP-540 and we're using some inks provided by the company that we bought the machine from. I don't know the name of the inks, there is nothing on the labels except that they are eco-sol inks. They are good in general but they have very strong odor and sometimes when printing large parts of single color the heads are getting stuffed (they don't eject the color drops as they should) and the quality gets worse.
Can you help me finding some new eco-sol inks that work fine and the quality is greater?

Thanks in advance

I would recommend the manufacturer inks. Rolands inks for that printer work perfectly (of course). The odor is minute and you will not get the clogging. I'm never a fan of 3rd party inks. They tend to cause more problems and cost more in maintenance than if you stick with the OEM inks.

I use a Roland Versacamm VP-540 for more than a year now, only using the Roland EcoSol inks, with no problem what so ever, not advisable to use other low cost inks

Suidwester

You need to make sure you have proper ventilation, if the smell is bothering you, open a window, so to speak.
Without seeing a picture of the problems you are having with your printing, I'd guess the profile you are using is not right.

I've been using Triangle bulk ink for over 3 years, first on a Versacamm, and now with a couple XC540s.
In my not so humble opinion, the Triangle ink has a better color gamut, is much more durable, and is cheaper.
The key to any ink you are using is proper color profiling.

Lastly, the "eco" is short for economy. Not for eco friendly.
I am a firm believer in proper ventilation.

I've been using Triangle bulk ink for over 3 years, first on a Versacamm, and now with a couple XC540s.
What kind of Triangle inks do you use? I tried MLD and JVV series with Mimaki. MLD makes no problems. JVV is a complete disaster, especially Black. Take a look at attached testprint.:(

Attachments

• testprint.jpg
    testprint.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 254
I use the MLD inks.

Have you been switching between the inks on the same machine without doing a system flush in between the change?

From looking at your test print, I would have to guess you have some cleaning issues.
But I don't know anything about Mimaki printers, so my guess is based on Roland experience.

If my Roland test printed like that, I would do a manual cleaning of the heads, wipers and capping station, then a medium power clean, a test print, and repeat until the test print is correct.

If that did not fix the problem within, maybe 2-4 cycles, then I would start to look at other issues.
Head alignment, head shot count, etc...

Solaris ink

Solaris ink

I have aroland versacamm sp 300v and actually i am using solaris ink... Great results and same quality as roland ink...no damages for printer
100% compatible inks and you can mix the solaris cartdriges with the rolands cartdriges

There's a lot I can offer in the way of commentary on the use of third party inks in Roland equipment, but first and foremost I can honestly say for many of my customers they have caused nothing but problems.

Here's a few tips

-For one, the cartridge sizes are often NOT the same exact size which causes issues with them getting stuck and not filling the machine properly.

-In the issue of whether Roland can tell you they aren't going to warranty the machine or not, some non Roland dealers and distributors of 3rd party inks will state that Roland can't tell you they aren't going to cover the issues. Here's the deal, Roland "technically" can't tell you what ink to use in their machine unless you expect them to pay for a mistake. Let's say you make a banner for a customer with explicit instructions on how to hang it, the customer doesn't listen and hangs it up using a "cheaper" method of finishing tools. The banner rips and they want a new one..are you going to replace it at no charge when they didn't listen?

-In the end, using third party inks just isn't worth it when it comes to the cost and downtime, you burn through that "savings" really quickly. Customers may say "it's the same exact ink" but a lot of 3rd party ink is sold for less than the dealers cost. So if the dealers buy 100 times more ink in a month than the customers, how is that they can be paying so much less.

It's just something to think about..A lot of people use it and yes they do have success. The above is simply my opinion based on what I have seen my customers go through. I'm not bashing anyone who uses the 3rd party ink, and just stating my take on it.

Bordeaux INK for Roland Mimaki Mutoh HP

Bordeaux INK for Roland Mimaki Mutoh HP

Hello,
i'm using Bourdeaux for few year without any problem. their Mix & Match is working perfectly and give you the same resaults as the OEM ink. I used to have few printers in my shop like Mimaki Rolan and HP9000 and worked only with Bordeaux inside. During these years i saved a lots of money on INK and never had any problem with printing head ,color and duration. i know that there is a company calles www.3Rway.com and they doing recycling of Solvent ink cart and refill them with Bordeaux ink.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back