Roller replacement

joe stag

not sure if this is the correct forum title to post this in but here goes. I am getting ready to do a complete rubber replacement on a heidelberg xl-75 6 color. Looking for any tips on making the process run smooth. Any tricks anyone has come up with. How far to back settings off before i start, setting order and tips. Etc.

Hi sir:
Your comments are NOT clear, if you look your operator manual, has indication , how to installing very securely, and right for his machine.

However, you must do it, with Patience, and carefully in order to damage any New Rollers, and observe the indication coming with the Factory like: Felix Bottcher, i recommend you to follow the Steps and indicated by the factory, whatever is.

Let me know, sincerely

Blessing.
[email protected]

Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

I do follow specs for the press and i have 10 years of experience. I was only looking for tips to make the process easier. I did the 6th unit yesterday. I found that most rolls needed backed off 3 to 4 full turns to allow clearance for the new ones. The waterform however was more like 6 full turns. I was only asking for experience tips not specs. I thank you for your response.

Hi sir:
Your comments are NOT clear, if you look your operator manual, has indication , how to installing very securely, and right for his machine.

However, you must do it, with Patience, and carefully in order to damage any New Rollers, and observe the indication coming with the Factory like: Felix Bottcher, i recommend you to follow the Steps and indicated by the factory, whatever is.

Let me know, sincerely

Blessing.
[email protected]

Mobile+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441
Thank you for your response.

While there are plenty of ‘technical’ specifications available to almost anyone, the problem with those is that the specs aren’t always the same, and many of those have changed over the years. Another potential problem is that some of those specs don’t take into account manufacturer recommendations, and the varying types of rubber compounds. And that last part, can be significant.

I can tell you from experience that even though ‘going by the book’ is recommended by a lot of people, and will usually get you close to where you need to be, it’s definitely not always the best way. When it comes to setting rollers (especially new ones), there are what’s called ‘tricks of the trade’. And unfortunately, those are usually learned over time, from personal experience, and/or the advice of a long term veteran, willing to give his knowledge away.

Good Luck!
Those are the tricks i was looking for. Have any to share?

@joe stag
from my experience, with new set of rollers you need new set of calibration curves.
your TVI could be higher than before replacing rollers.

BTW, for XL75 it is quite convenience to install and adjust. Please make sure the ink strip matched to specs, and ink strip should be even from OS to DS side! After 2-3 weeks, you need re-adjusting the pressure of rollers when the new rollers are settled down.
Hope this help!

Gentlemen and fellow Lithographers,

OK - so you have installed new rollers and reset the Roller Train - what next need be done?

The new rollers need to be Primed, why because the Buna-N rubber compounds "Crave" printing ink vehicles so to prevent

the rollers becoming "Embossed" before a production run - run-up the roller trains with Liquid Ink Reducer let the press idle

x/time say 1 hour, then wash-up.

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back