Rollers, rollers, rollers!

Freeman A.Gain

I need a bit of info on rollers. Does anyone have any links or info on offset print rubber rollers, aka; Rotodyne, Bottcher.. who else? Any info would be handy.. negative or positive.

Cheers
:confused:

On our Heidelbergs we have run Saphira ( Heidelberg's house brand) and Pacesetters. The Pacesetters are more affordable and have run great for us.
Here is a link
Pacesetter Support

Bottcher has great rollers. We use a local company called the Roller Company and they re core our old rollers. To do this you need an extra set of cores.

I don't know if they carry what you want, but we have had great success with Litho Roll out of Chicago. 1-800-262-6142. Another good roller company would be Diamond, they discontinued the rollers we use (too small), but it was a great product. Sorry I don't have their info, I think they did recoring too.

Finzer, Bottcher, & Rotadyne. Used all 3 for many years with few problems. They all stand behind their work. My preference for turnaround and service is Finzer.

We run Akorn rollers in everything we have. We have a Goss Magnum that came with Finzers, had very bad results with them. They would shrink rather quickly. The Akorns we have last easily 2 or 3 times longer in the Magnum vs using the Finzers.

When choosing a new roller company be sure that you evaluate your roller / blanket wash compatibility with the roller material. Not doing so could have negative results or very short roller life. Most suppliers are happy to do this at no charge. The supplier should also have a list of press chemicals that work well with his product.

Rollers

Rollers

We use Graphic Roller.
Kevin Herger 303.358.6500

He has multiple rubber grades for different presses and budgets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back