Rollers!! (why,why)

Are the ball roller and fountain steel in good shape? I've seen metal fragments peeled off the steel and roller do what you are seeing. Just a thought.

We were using Bottcher in our shop but after many rollers being cut wrong or taking almost 4 months waiting on our rollers to come back we changed over to Pacesetter. They got our rollers in and out in 30 days!! This four sets we have on now have been in almost a year and a half.

Thank you to everyone who has responded this issue: Heidelberg is sending all new replacement rollers, (Good Deal).. It ='s been a hassle with them but I guess you have to go through proto call.. The new rollers will be inspected very carefully before putting in press.. Again thank you to everyone..
Mike

Before installing new rollers i would do a good scrub of oscillators with 5 or 6 pieces of cloth to remove any kind of metal skimmings

This defect is a roller finishing issue on the final polish I have seen this a few times .No issue with roller maintenance or ink as roller company will try to pass the blame .I have seen this in all positions even pan roller .You may have an issue seeing the problem when installing the roller these lines are very small until solvent gets into the roller and they swell and make them more visible.Hope fully you roller company will step up and fix this for you .

RJ

Thanks RJ, I did see this problem before like I sated earlier.. I know you are hitting the nail on the head with this issue, thank goodness Heidelberg is replacing them, as they should..

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back