Rotated PSD in INDD with Transparency

Jimmy

I continue to have problems with rotated psd files that contain transparency in indd when two or more of the images overlap. I get jagged edges. What should be a smooth line becomes stair stepped. According to my printer, the solution is to rotate the images in Photoshop so I don't have to rotate the file in indd. This does work however I consider it a bandaid fix. My printer uses Prinergy EVO and they claim that it's a flaw in the system. I've used Prinergy at my old place of employment since 1999 and we never ran into this problem. As far as trouble shooting goes, I feel cut off at the knees because I want to get my hands on their system and figure it myself. Any ideas from other EVO users. Have you heard of such a thing?

How are you submitting to the printer that uses Evo?

PDF or PS? If PDF, what version level and is it flattened or does it contain transparency. What preset are you exporting with?

Questions for your printer: What RIP are they using, APPE or CPSI? What PDF version level are they refining to in Prinergy Evo?

Stephen Marsh

I'm exporting PDF's right from INDD using their provided presets.

When you say version level, do you mean Compatibility? If so, it's Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5).

The files contain transparency and it's not flattened. We place low res images that get swapped out with hi res by them, the printer.

I'll ask my printer the questions you suggested I ask.

Based on the info I gave you so far, does anything seem unusual?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back