RR Donnelley to offer Fully Variable Offset Printing

I believe it's HP, Kodak, Screen, and possibly others are all working together as one team to make inkjet printed paper recyclable.

It takes more steps and chemicals to turn printed paper back into white paper. It's a greener process for the earth just continue to plant more trees and make more paper that way. If the government didn't subsidies recycling it would cost more to by a recycled product.

I'm sure I'll get it now for saying that but here's a funny little post.
Paper Recycling is Bad for Your Butt AND The World - Lockjaw's Lair

More of this can be found if you start to look.

There is no variable printing (that I know of) that is recyclable in the traditional paper recycling stream. Like Internal_R&D_Analyst says, there is a consortium working on the de-inking process. On the other hand, machines like this create virtually NO VOCs, making them greener on balance.

Just as Penn Gallette says (Penn and Teller) the only recycling that is good for the enviroment is aluminum because bauxite cost more to extract from the ground than to recycle. Paper uses to much power and the byproduct of paper recycling is a nasty sludge that has to be handled in such a way that is way to enviromentally harming not to mention cost effective. Oh by the way you never see MC Donalds run out of fries. Thats because they keep growing potatoes. The same with pulp for paper they keep growing trees on tree farms made for paper production. Should we have MC Donalds recover the uneaten fries in the trash and recycle them so we dont have to keep growing potatoes.

Subsidies is how the government takes our money and gives it to people (Normally a friend or family member of the bureacrates) because they cant trust us americans to spend our own money wisely. apparently we cant think for ourselves so they have to.

That's a good idea with reusing the uneaten french fries at McDonalds. They can grind then and reform then into the correct shape using old grease and call then particle fries after particle board. They'd probably taste just like particle board too. Better make a note to buy some ketchup stock...

I wonder if anyone has looked into the effects of sending all the paper to an incinerator power plants to make energy?

That's a good idea with reusing the uneaten french fries at McDonalds. They can grind then and reform then into the correct shape using old grease and call then particle fries after particle board. They'd probably taste just like particle board too. Better make a note to buy some ketchup stock...

Don't they do that with Chicken McNuggets already?

Just as Penn Gallette says (Penn and Teller) the only recycling that is good for the enviroment is aluminum because bauxite cost more to extract from the ground than to recycle. Paper uses to much power and the byproduct of paper recycling is a nasty sludge that has to be handled in such a way that is way to enviromentally harming not to mention cost effective. Oh by the way you never see MC Donalds run out of fries. Thats because they keep growing potatoes. The same with pulp for paper they keep growing trees on tree farms made for paper production. Should we have MC Donalds recover the uneaten fries in the trash and recycle them so we dont have to keep growing potatoes.

Subsidies is how the government takes our money and gives it to people (Normally a friend or family member of the bureacrates) because they cant trust us americans to spend our own money wisely. apparently we cant think for ourselves so they have to.

Finally, someone on the environmental side that speaks my language! Same thing goes for the "Certifications".... good money thrown at bad. But then if Al Gore said we should do it by golly we better get moving. Speaking of Gore, wouldn't the extra burning of fossil fuel required to recycle all this paper greatly impact global warming. But on the other hand maybe bottled water will go down in price when the polar ice caps melt! See there is a silver lining in every cloud!!!

The funniest thing is that The earth has been through Ice ages and heating trends.

here is the link to pen and tellers website and A small input from Patrick Moore...Oh you say you dont know Patrick Moore.. let me enlighten you. He was one of the original founders of Green Peace.

Showtime Official Site :: Video :: Series

Oh yeah and you earth do gooders..Where you informed that Mars is under the same Global warming just like earth...Hum I wonder if the sun maybe doing something. Wait we dont have anyone studying mars...
wait as minute yes we do Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says... The information is out there if you just read. Oh yeah. wasnt it in the 70's they said we where having a global cooling trend.

By the way how much true information do you think we have 100-200-300 years. The earth has been here for billions yes billions of years. Do you think we are that significant in the overall evolution of earth.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back