RSI data from client

Greg08

I am currently running 10.5 build#43.
I have a client who also has Rampage and he wants to send his RSI data to us.
My question is how do I get that into my current workflow?
We work with fpo's and I impo from preps.
Thanks to all.
Greg

Have him do an export from his Rampage, send you the files and do an import from the page manager on a rip. Its pretty simple. Just make sure they know what version of Rampage your running. If he is sending single pages just regenerate the fpo's and impose as normal.

Why would they want to send their data? Unless your press has the exact same dot gain the data won't be right. Better to just send a PDF, and let you rip it IMO.

Thanks very much for all of your help.
They sent over RSI data because this job has reprinted
many times and this is how they always have done it.
I don't ask anymore I just do.
Thanks again.:)

Why would they want to send their data? Unless your press has the exact same dot gain the data won't be right. Better to just send a PDF, and let you rip it IMO.

They can send their data for a number of reasons... their platesetter might be down... or they need to print at multiple locations to save on shipping/mailing costs, etc. The advantage of sending the ripped data is that there is no question that the job would look the same as far as ripping and trapping are concerned. As for the dot gain, etc... Each shop needs to adjust that for their individual presses and rampage doesn't apply any curves until the plate is actually imaged... it doesn't apply it to individual pages.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back