Rumour : New Fuji Xerox Digital 5 or 6 colour machine to be announced.

iamtall

Hi,

we're looking to finally upgrade our 700 and our rep has told us there are rumours that Fuji Xerox are about to announce a new 5 or 6 colour digital press like a smaller version of the 800 in the next few months.

i was wondering if anyone from across the pond had heard anything?

yeah, i think it would be a clear toner +1, not sure on white or just some pantone?

we've been told to hold off for awhile as we were looking at the J75 with booklet finisher.

The 800/1000 has a 6th station waiting for Fuji/Xerox to do something with it. I think it would make more sense that we see a 801/1001 before they add another box to an already crowded entry production lineup. The 75 series cannot accommodate the imaging needed for a 5/6th station so you can rule that out. Xerox has stopped selling the 800 since late last year and are only selling 1000 currently (from what I was told at Print13).

All of the above leads me to believe that this "new" machine will be an updated 800/1000 with the 6th color station available and some other improvements. I'd put a friendly wager on that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back