Ryobi 3302 Help Needed!

Happyprinter

Just purchased a used 3302 and need some help on something, I'm hoping it is pretty simple to do. When we try to advance the plate cylinder up or down it wont move. We depress the lever and push in the knob and try to rotate it either direction but the cylinder wont move. Are we doing something wrong? Is there another way? We do not have the operators manual so are learning the hard way. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Same on both units or only one one unit. I thought this moved the blanket cylinder not the plate cylinder
3302.jpg
This is the adjustment you referring to?

Yes you are right. That is the right knob you have circled. And yes i do believe it is t
o mo e the blanket cylinder. Are we doing it rigbt or is therw another way?

Been awhile but it seems to me on the very first 3302 you may have had to line the cylinder with something in order to turn it however if it has the button you push down below the knob you turn you should be able to do the turn anywhere on the cylinder. You are saying you cant make either one turn or just one unit?. If the cylinder is turned all the way one direction it may be stuck and not want to go back but I cant believe both would be that way. My problem is I have not run one in almost 15 years and feel someone here will have better advice then me.

Keep in mind that if you rotate this knob one full rotation it only moves 1 mm if you are used to an Abdick where it moves alot.

Ryobi 3302 Help Needed!

Can't personally help as I don't run the press & our operator is on vacation, but for futures you should be able to locate & buy an operating manual for a 3302.

Try your service tech, find a Ryobi dealer, try Printer's Parts Store or E-Bay!

Dave

You are using the right technique, push down on lever and turn knob. It might be that the blanket cylinder is corroded and stuck. Try spraying some penetrating lube in the outer groove where the cylinder meets the gear. I've had this happen before if the cylinders haven't been moved for awhile.

3302 Rotation

3302 Rotation

MikeG has it correct. We have run our 3302 for 29 years and they will stick up after a while. We put a strong coat overnight until it was loose and we could move it back and forth and standard gear oil once it would move.

Hi Happy:

You were asked if both cylinders are jammed.(RGPW17100 asked this)
If you reply to this question, I will tell you what is probably wrong. Is #1 head jammed?
Or #2 head jammed? Or both?
There is a better than average chance I could help.
Possibly, you have rectified the problem, if so, tell us how you did it.

try using large screwdriver and tap cylinder at bottom of gears away from its casing seal, this will break the lockup then grease the nipple with grease gun. be careful not to hit gears, it would take a direct hit on gear to do damage, had to do this before

Hi, I'm kinda new here,,,as in I've never posted a reply before,,,
I run a 4 Color Solna (yea, they are still around,,,lol) But I do have some experience on older smaller presses,,,
I've found out that on older A.B. Dicks that sometimes you have to smack the "unlock" knob after loosening it,,,seems to push the shaft in enough to allow rotation,,,
Happy to hear from one of your previous answers that somebody else out there knows about Printer's Parts,,,they are a bit more expensive but if ya need parts to get back up and running, they have the parts.
John

When the press was purchased was it siting for a while? We bought one that had been sitting for about a year and the same thing happened. The guy that sold it to us sprayed some penetrating spray around the gear that moves and unlocked it. He had to work at it a bit but I think from it sitting up it made it lock up. Also it's possible that someone crammed the cylinder all the way up or down and left it that way . I suggest the penetrating spray and ust keep working with it gently be careful not to mess up the gears.

First of all let me say THANK YOU!! to all that left advise on how to unfreeze my 3302 cylinders. It has taken all week, 3 cans of WD-40, lots of grease and patience. Finally today at 4pm we managed to get both cylinder gears moving again. Again, Thank You

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back