RYOBI 524GE VS Heidelberg Printmaster 52-4

mazengh

we are adding a new press, and i would like some advice as we are comparing these two models. anyone with any input or experience with these two machines please give advise and opinions....

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Only Ryobi presses I've worked on are 524H with AAC system and a 662PFH and I honestly would rather be out of work than be paid to operate another Ryobi press. I ran both of these presses from new and didn't rate any aspect of them. You get what you pay for, all a question of what you want it (or expect it) to do.
Honest answer, with the current economic climate I don't see why anyone would want to buy new with all the great deals that can be had from buying a nearly new press for a fraction of the price of a new one. Just my 2 cents.

Riceobi

Riceobi

Comparing a Heidelberg to a Ryobi is like comparing gold to tin. Hiedy is the best in the world. Presently it seems as if Ryobi is more geared toward the waterless copier market called a DI. They are deeply committed to Presstek and those proprietary supplies they make.
If you are a true printer buy a real press or stay with the lower end machines like a Ryobi or Presstek DI
Or consider Toner
OG

We were down this road four years ago. We went with the SM52 5 color with coater instead of a new Ryobi. We went to see demos of the ryobis running and they were pretty impressive. The new ones with coaters are not the same generation as the 3304 and 512 series. We went with Heidelberg for two reasons. The deal they made included system service for 3 years and it is easier to find operators with experience with the Heidelberg console. After buying it I am glad the decision we made. We literally beat the crap out of that machine for two straight months without a hiccup. If you get one you really should get an inline coater. You can turn your jobs immediately with minimal powder plus most customers expect some sort of coating.

I have to second what neil has said..

stay clear of the Ryobi..

i also ran the same 524HX that neil ran at the same company..

Bloody terrible machine, shoddily made, cheap and nasty in my opinion..

We were always replacing parts on the machine, compressor, pumps. we ended up replacing the parts ourselves as the engineers that worked for Ryobi in the UK didn't know what they were doing.. some of them had not even set any rollers... once called to get some feeder parts replaced and they sent an engineer that had not even opened up a feeder before, so i sent him away and did it myself....

Steer clear of Ryobi...... if you want decent press, decent print quality and decent service backup

At least your boss learned his lesson and never bought Ryobi again, you just need to convince him to stop buying Komori now Mike lol.

What if the RYOBI 524GE comes with a console, and a semi automatic desnsity reader integrated to the console whereas the Speedmaster 52 doesn't even come with a console... does this give the advantage to the RYOBI?

Dude, there is not one Speedmaster 4-color without a console. Heidelberg's weak pointg is the power consumption and the electrics-electronics. Noone can beat the Japs on that. Ryobi has also a better feeder to my taste. Heidelberg is a better equipped press with very good after sales service.

actually the one we're ordering they had to take off the console to lower the price....
? You've got to be kidding!
Have you put down a deposit yet? Don't mean to be rude but you're going back in time 25 years by not utilising the off press controls. Honestly, I'd rather buy a refurbished press from the late 80s' - early 90s'. It's a buyers market.

i dont think 80 or 90s. I would go late 90's low miles. or 2000 up. certainly cheaper than new autoplate. plate cocking a must. definately need cip4

i wish that was an option the money we have is a grant, and we can't go over a certain number and it has to be new...

If I dont see a picture of this , I dont believe it. I cannot accept that there is a 4color machine out there with no console. That means no remote ink control, no CIP 3, no register control , no automatisations. What kind of a mickey maus machine will that be? Buy a goddamm Gto, Buy anything with a console. Post a picture of this machine.

really? no console..

how are you going to run a brand new "computerized press", with no computer/console? i'm no pressman or servive tech - but can this be done?

Yes, it's just completely pointless in having a press with technology that you can't use. Bit like buying a Ferrari and just driving it in first gear all the time.

Ryobi VS Shinohara 52iv

Ryobi VS Shinohara 52iv

Well here is our 2 to compaire the Ryobi 524 GE loaded all the bells and stuff Vs the Shinohara 52iv and get this the Ryobi is about $10,000 cheaper then the Shin.

Greetings from Mauritius
I have a 2 colour printmaster 52. The rollers are not washing well. Can you kindly suggest something.

Anil

1. Make sure that the roller are set correctly.
2. Make sure that the washup blade is not worn and is set correctly on the oscillating roller
3. Make sure that the washup programm is suitable
4. Make sure that the washup nozzels are not clogged

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back