Saphira Violet plate issues - fading, not taking ink, etc.

Hi - I am having problems with the plates not taking ink and now the plates are fading and look underexposed. I've cleaning the tanks and check the processor, but It's getting worse. Can someone give me a hint about what could be causing this? Is it bad developer or finisher?

Plates seem to have issues once in a while with not taking ink, and it was usually a finisher recycle issue. But now the plates are just coming out with halos around the images and looking like they are not developed enough.

Could it be a bad bottle of developer? Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Hi - I am having problems with the plates not taking ink and now the plates are fading and look underexposed. I've cleaning the tanks and check the processor, but It's getting worse. Can someone give me a hint about what could be causing this? Is it bad developer or finisher?

Plates seem to have issues once in a while with not taking ink, and it was usually a finisher recycle issue. But now the plates are just coming out with halos around the images and looking like they are not developed enough.

Does your plates come out partially wet?

Last edited:

I need to know:

1- The Type of processor?
2- The Type of Chemistry?
3- Did it start after changing the Chemistry or New Batch of Plates? Need to know the PH of the Chemistry.
4- Have you tried imaging the Plate and using another processor to process the Plate?

If Heidelberg US couldn't help you, you can contact me. I will help you to get the machine up and running. Good Luck.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Firstly-if you can-empty the processor,give it a quick clean,make sure everything is in place-rollers etc- and replace developer and finisher with new ones-preferably from different(newer/older) stock if have some available!

chemistry

chemistry

It had to be a chemistry issue. I cleaned the processor (twice - it hadn't been for a while) and that didn't help. I think I had a bad bottle of developer, because when i switched it out, the plates came out better with no halos. They were not coming out wet, we only have one processor (Raptor 85S with Saphira Violet chemistry).

The ph is 7, but I notice that when the Ph tank gets lo or stops running, it happens, that is why I asked if anyone had similar issues.

How old is the processor?
What are your replenishment rates set to? 170ml/m2 and 50ml/hr are recommended.
Do you get any errors on the processor during normal operation?
Have you check the grounding to the 2 stainless steel rollers in the DEV section?
When is the last time you cleaned the DEV manifold?
Has the calibration been checked on the DEV/FIN replenishment pumps?
When is the last time you bleached the WASH and FIN section? NEVER bleach the DEV section.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back