Scitex Dolev 800 v & Lotem 800v2 problems

K

kala

Problem 1

Scitex Dolev 800 V

1. Getting small thin dotted lines on most of the yellow films and sometime magenta films too.How to avoid such lines
2. Using 1bitt tiff generated by harlequin rip and output thro psm rip.
3. Vignettes are coming smooth and perfect in uncalibration but not coming smooth in calibration

Lotem 800v2 + Prinergy +XPo+Kodak XD plates

Problem 2

Facing problem in kodak XD plates like thin lines appear on the screen images, calibrated perfectly with intensity / resolution / focus - tested by changing fresh chemicals too

working with prinergy + XPO + Kodak XD plates

its lightly visible in 120/133/150 screen rulings more visible in 175/200 rulings

Any solutions to avoid such type of lines or any suggestions

For the Scitex Dolev - have you tried running a self test on the Dolev to see if the lines appear? I doubt that the TIFFs you are sending are the issue, but maybe your PSM interface card, cable or computer have issues. If you run a self test on the imagesetter you may be able to determine what is causing the issue. It sounds like your calibration is a good place to start - check outputting an exposure sweep just to make sure you are at the correct density.

For the Lotem - since it seems to be more visible in a higher line screen running a self test on the machine is probably not necessary, but have you tried adjusting your screening within the RIP or workflow?

For the Scitex Dolev - have you tried running a self test on the Dolev to see if the lines appear? I doubt that the TIFFs you are sending are the issue, but maybe your PSM interface card, cable or computer have issues. If you run a self test on the imagesetter you may be able to determine what is causing the issue. It sounds like your calibration is a good place to start - check outputting an exposure sweep just to make sure you are at the correct density.

For the Lotem - since it seems to be more visible in a higher line screen running a self test on the machine is probably not necessary, but have you tried adjusting your screening within the RIP or workflow?

Regarding Dolev 800 V
If interface card might have issues means the line should apply on all the films not rarely on yellow or magenta.
If cable is a issue too the same it must appear on all the films
If computer might be problem means let me reinstall the os & psm software laterly and let you know.
Parelly we have another machine which is not running currently let me check the tiff files with that machine next week only difference with both the machines is one is running with vlsi+sfl and another running on TSP boards.

Regarding Lotem
Apart from kodak plates all the other plates we never face this type of problem.
Try to adjust screening with workflow means how (we are using prinergy with sql tiff + XPO) any idea what to do and how to do

Hi Kala,

I would suggest trying the Response Center as they are equipped to help you troubleshoot both problems quickly and effectively. Not sure where you are located, but if you contact me offline, I can give you the correct phone number to call.

Frank

After contacting the Kodak response center our problems remained unsolved. Same as other printers - unresolved problems become feature requests or just dead:

http://printplanet.com/forums/kodak-systems/21634-prinergy-opi-sucks

Sounds like you have a hardware problem. I would suggest contacting Ace Tech Services for a solution. They have helped a lot of printers that have already contacted the Kodak response center.

Don't worry about support on your existing Lotem 800V/Quantum. We are specializing in Creo Scitex equipment. We buy, sell and service any Dolev, Lotem, Trendsetter and existing Brisque workflow. If you think you are paying too much on your service agreement or can't get service at a reasonable rate, give us a call and we will take care of it. We won't even charge you for phone support. If you are thinking of replacing your older Lotem with the newer Quantum, I have a year 2006 in mint condition. Includes delivery, installation and warranty. Call 513-312-7154 for more info.

After contacting the Kodak response center our problems remained unsolved. Same as other printers - unresolved problems become feature requests or just dead:

http://printplanet.com/forums/kodak-systems/21634-prinergy-opi-sucks

Sounds like you have a hardware problem. I would suggest contacting Ace Tech Services for a solution. They have helped a lot of printers that have already contacted the Kodak response center.

Where is Ace tech service and what is the contact mail id or phone numbers

Hi Kala
Some questions
1 - are the lines showing as missing data (white) or extra data (blue)?

2 - If white - have you taken a plate straight from the packaging and put this through the processor. This will show up any problems with the plate. Examine very close for signs of white lines.

3 - if blue lines - do these lines appear only in the area where there is an image on the plate or do they run from gripper to gripper, even where there is no image? If yes then it is the calibration of the resolution motor and this needs to be adjusted more to the "white" end of calibration.

Good luck

Problem 1

Scitex Dolev 800 V

1. Getting small thin dotted lines on most of the yellow films and sometime magenta films too.How to avoid such lines
2. Using 1bitt tiff generated by harlequin rip and output thro psm rip.
3. Vignettes are coming smooth and perfect in uncalibration but not coming smooth in calibration

Lotem 800v2 + Prinergy +XPo+Kodak XD plates

Problem 2

Facing problem in kodak XD plates like thin lines appear on the screen images, calibrated perfectly with intensity / resolution / focus - tested by changing fresh chemicals too

working with prinergy + XPO + Kodak XD plates

its lightly visible in 120/133/150 screen rulings more visible in 175/200 rulings

Any solutions to avoid such type of lines or any suggestions[/QULOTEM800,

LOTEM800

TRY AND RESEAT THE I/F BOARD IN THE PRINERGY AND ALSO THE TSP CABLE IN THE LOTEM.
CREATE A LARGE FILE AT 100% B AND YOU SHOULD NOT SEE THE BROKEN LINE GOING THROUGH IT.

For the Lotem, make sure your lens is clean, also with the resolution test, make sure that the white area in the bottom of the calibration strip is free of lines, you can only see this with a loop. Kodak response center will tell you to look at the vertical and horizontal lines and make sure that they are evenly space. If you see lines in all of the strips, you will have to use a different parameter for the resolution. Good Luck Aestiva.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back