Screen 8800N at 4000 dpi

zoran

Does anyone have insite in Screens CTP device Platerite 8800 N series and their capability to run 4000 dpi.
-Is 4000 dpi both ways?
-Does it slow down the speed of imaging or it's the same as e.g. 2400 dpi?

Thanks

Not really, from what I read there it does not list different plate throughput for different resolution, but it doesn't claim otherwise either?
Thanks for trying.

Not really, from what I read there it does not list different plate throughput for different resolution, but it doesn't claim otherwise either?
Thanks for trying.

Really! Throughput isn't dependent on resolution only. There are other factors will effect the throughput. Like Laser system and number of beams. Plate size also have major effect. In real life the Rip station and the speed of computer can effect throughput.

It is a long story, but here are some highlights: Multi-channel imaging heads based on grating light valve technology (GLV) ensure exceptional throughput. Support for imaging resolutions of 1,200, 2,400, 2,438 and 2,540 dpi is standard. An option for imaging plates at 4,000 dpi resolution also is available, high enough for the printing of bonds, securities and lenticular products.
The PlateRite 8800N-E exposes 26 plates per hour when using 40.5" x 31.4" plates at 2,400 dpi. With the PlateRite 8800N-S, it is possible to produce 36 plates per hour under the same conditions. The PlateRite 8800N-Z outputs 42 plates per hour while the high-speed PlateRite 8800N-ZX boasts a maximum speed of 51 plates per hour. As you may notice for the same size and 2400 resolution the throughput is different for different models.

Last edited:
The reason I am asking is that couple of different vendors list different speeds when using higher than regular 2400 dpi resolution.
e.g. 30% slowdown or even more.
Something is slowing them down when using higher than regular resolutions, I don't know what.
Since Screen did not list slowdowns, I assumed it doesn't slow down but I need confirmation.
Thanks for the insight, Farshad

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back