Seeking Tyvek type paper -

itsaprintshop

job calls for laminating 40,000 sheets of paper - I mentioned we should it on tyvek - now I'm tasked with researching this idea.

Using 60# text then laminating.

Does tyvek come in 80# cover?

I'm open to ideas - but this one got me into trouble!

Perhaps a differnt type of printing, like silk screen or die sub, that may not require it to be laminated.

I think the adhesion if that is what Rick is referring to might be a little better on Yupo. I don't want to come across as a shill for them but my experience tells me that Yupo might help a bit. Rick, is the not being able to stitch Yupo because it have no directional structure built in?

One of the big things with synthetic paper is that because it is non-porous will it effectively allow ink to transfer? Because there is no pore structure to get the fountain solution that surrounds the ink out of the way so it can effectively transfer, the material at least needs to have a decent dyne level and good wettability. I don't propose to know about any current batches of HopSyn, but some of what I tested was a bit problematic. I don't recall ever seeing that issue with Teslin, Tyvek or Yupo.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back