Selects - just not quite getting it

kaiserwilhelm

I have crosshairs (called out as a color all (pure registration))
I saved the color to my local because of a previous thread where you all helped me

They are .xxx wide
I want to:

Select Line Weight Equal to: .xxx
THEN make sure that the line is in the color all
I have a select color of all. I know it works because independently I can select this color and remove everything in the registration color.
I do not want that though.
I want to use And, Not, etc (?) to make sure that the line selected (that is .xxx wide) IS color all

I can do each of the two steps above separately.
One EAL I can select all lines that are .xxx and delete - but this is unsafe because the actual art might have this size
One EAL I can select all lines that are ALL in color and delete - but this is not optimal as I have a thicker line I need to keep.
I need one EAL that uses and (?) not (?) to accomplish?

I currently have this:
Select All
Select if line weight is equal to .0139 (exact size of the crosshair)
Select stroke color (this is set to the registration color of All)
AND
AND
NOT
NOT
Remove Selection

It is working, but I have no way of knowing if I am deleting out REAL lines that are that size that are not in that color?

I made up other lines of the same weight and different colors and it "seems" to work. Can somebody check my logic and tell me if what I intended is coming out in the code please?

You have some redundant entires.
You just need one "ADD" so it should look like:

Select All
AND
Remove Selection

I tested without Select All and got the same result so this works too:

AND
Remove Selection

If these lines are crop marks, you can also restrict action to area outside the trim or bleed box, that way you will not touch artwork at all and possibly don;t even need special logic.

Zoran -that seems to have worked. THANK YOU.
So, an AND basically says, select then select then select, etc then what ever comes after the AND is what it does?

Logic "AND" means literally "and", so select line weight AND select stroke color, meaning only objects with both properties will be selected.

For example, if you used "OR" instead of "AND" it would mean select line weight OR select stroke color, one or the other, which would not be desired result.

You wanted selection to include specific object with specific line weight and color.
I hope it's not too confusing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back