Selectset 7000 Error 21

Had some media jams, think I cleared it. (Only sliced one finger.)
However, now I cannot get through the load-media procedure.
I can load the supply cassette and get the film through the platen, but when I go to cut the media, it gives Error 9. I can back out of Error 9 and try again.
Sometimes though I get Error 21, which I can't back out of, and I have to reboot.
Either way, the device is not cutting & loading the media from the supply cassette.
Any advice?

What are Error 9 and Error 21?

Edit: Now I notice that the knife is not protruding from the slot where I saw it before (where it cut my finger, so I remember! I wonder if the knife had got out of proper position.

I also notice that if the machine is powered on, and the menu in "load media" mode, if I open the platen, I get the Error 21 immediately.

Last edited:
Christ,

The problem and errors you're getting are caused by the supply cutter.

Error 9 supply cutter not on sensor
Error 21 Platen door and cutter off home sensor.

You need to check the supply cutter micro switches. Other possible causes could be bad cutter blade assy; cutter motor, or
cutter belt needs adjusting.

STSTech

The supply cutter was rotated out of position. We managed to get it back into place after some travail. Then, after a series of "load media" failures that made us open up the image-unit area (expecting a stray piece of film, but finding nothing), we buttoned it up and tried again, and it works great.

Thanks for specifying the error codes! Man, I sure wish I had the manual ... I can't believe Agfa didn't post it on their site. Oh well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back