Selectset 7000 no initialize

tekcontrol

I've a problem with my Agfa Selectset 7000. Whe I turn it on, at the display shows the firmware version, then it disappears and that´s all, the LCD screen keeps blank, no icons, and no button response. If I try to print something the Rips give´s me an error as the imagesetter was disconnected, any Idea what to do?

Last edited:
this problem is related with NVRAM, please check your NVRAM is properly mounted on Mother Board

Nvram

Nvram

Thank you for answer. When you say NVram you refer to the memory Simms? My machine have 4 of them could I Disconnect two of them to make a test?

NOPE!
NVRAM is a chip in DIP style body and DALLAS mark on top, installed into the two rows by 14 pins plug.

Thanks for the answer, I took out the NVRAM Chip and place it again but there is no change in the symptom, any other suggestion?

That means nothing at this moment 'cause NVRAM not responsible for booting up process.
NVRAM is for some data storage like exposure level, beginning of the image position and so on...which operator or service can change via control panel or RIP cmd files.
There are TWO another EPROM (or EEPROM) chips on the board responsible for SS7000 to boot and the real problem came from that spot.
You need a serviceman on site for real intervention into the imagesetter to fix the problem.
You can't get the real help and answers on your QQQ at forum because SS7000 is obsolete and just a few guys still remember something about this machine, sorry for the bad news.

Last edited:
BTW what the version number on the EPROMs labels ?
And here are no active AGFA servicemen at printplanet.com, just a few former...

Last edited:
i have experienced that SS7000 boot problem is related with NVRAM and i have replace DALLAS from local market but didnt get success, finally i ordered same chip to agfa and after replacement machine works fine.

hello Adnan!
Did you have the same simptom as Mr. tekcontrol mentioned: just version of internal SW appeared for a while and blank screen after?
SelectSet Service Manual tells me that:

Boot Diagnostic ROM
The PROM code for boot, diagnostics, and application is
contained in the ROM submodule which consists of two 28-
pin sockets configured to accept standard 512Kb EPROMS
that provide 128Kb of read-only memory organized as a 64Kb
x 16 array.

hi Vlad,
yes, exactly same problem I faced in about year 2005, when I turned on the machine, only “diag xxx etc.” message appeared then screen went blank, finally I replaced “Dallas” chip and problem solved.

you are right, they mention this in manual that’s why i first replaced that 2 ROM’s from other machine but problem remains, then I replaced Dallas and get positive result.

Service call 39 after main board replacement

Service call 39 after main board replacement

Hello, I replace the main board with a brand new one. Now the machine seems to be booting but it shows a service call # 39 and keep stuck there, any idea of that issue?

NVRAM stores some very important parameters.
NVRAM Values
BOL Encoder Offset BOL Pixel Offset Slow Scan Mag Value
Fast Scan Mag 1/Rev Phase Value 1/Rev Constant Value
13” Home Value 16” Home Value 26” Home Value
Film Exp. @ 1200 Film Exp. @ 2400 Film Exp. @ 3600
Paper Exp. @ 1200 Paper Exp. @ 2400 Paper Exp. @ 3600

The copy of that parameters stores on a floppy and the floppy normally stores somewhere inside SS7000.
You need to replace that NVRAM chip with new one and download that parameters
Just because NVRAM internal lithium battery passed away.
Don't ask me how to download, I will not help in here for free anymore- say thanks to Armyaservices

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back