SelectSet 7000 Punch Error

Hello:

I have an AGFA SelectSet 7000 that have not been in use about 4 years.

When I bought from Chicago, it was working perfectly like a brand new equipment, but I couldn't use it due business issues.

This Imagesetter looks perfect, no moisture, no burns, no impacts, no dust (well a little), no corrosion.

When I try to image a test job now, I get the "Error in punch assembly" even when I command not to punch the film.

I have the Service Manual for the SelectSet 5000, from which, I ran some test procedures in Service Mode and in fact, I get the error "d04" in the following Media Tests:

* Punch Sensor Dwell
* Intake Punch Clamp
* Intake Punch 1 Punch
* Intake Punch 5 Punch
* Intake Punch Up (this Sub-Test runs Ok)

The error “d04” is not documented in the SS 5000 Service Manual…

Does anybody know what the Error Code “d04” means for the SelectSet 7000?
Can this be fixed easily?

Please… I need your help!!!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

We used to hae a selectset 7000, the punch warning was the most common.
1) could be film punch fragments in the canals that lead out of the setter.
2) could be a sensor that is needing cleaning
3) could be a punch motor that is defective

unfortunately it's 6-7 years back we moved to CTP and I don't have any manuals. But recognise the code.

Thanks Lukas & Vlad

Based on your answers and observing the behavior of the Imagesetter, It seems just to be a jam in the punch assembly (take-up side).

The first time I got that error, in fact, I found some fragments stucked in the center punch tunnel (the circular one), I cleaned it and the error gone, so I turned off and one week later tested again and error returns, but now I can’t find that debris, I removed covers to find something estrange, but nothing, everything looks almost perfect.

How did you clear the punch jams?
Where should I look?
How do I disassembly the right part to clear the jam?

The procedures for the SS 5000 are different.

Ah, I forgot to mention, the film is the same time old (4 years), Is that a factor?

Please friends… just one clue.

And again, Thank You very much.

SelectSet 7000 Punch Sensor Dwell error

SelectSet 7000 Punch Sensor Dwell error

from SS7000 SM

d04 Takeup punch jam

Hello Vlad.

My imagesetter was working good, until now that shows error d704 in diagnostic mode "Punch Sensor Dwell".

Can you please advice me what is the Punch Sensor Dwell? and some tip about testing it? Where is it?

Thank you very much for your valuable reply.

Your Punch Assy is stuck in the issue when none of two punch position sensors reads flag in the slot.
You have a Service Manual, why do you ask for help from the profeccional for free?
I do not work for the Salvation Army.

Last edited:
Your Punch Assy is stuck in the issue when none of 3 punch position sensors reads flag in the slot or reads relected IR beam from the flag (depending on type of the Sensor).
You have a Service Manual, why do you ask for help from the profeccional for free?
I do not work for the Salvation Army.

Vlad.

The Service Manual is for the SelectSet 5000, it seems that I need some kind of addendum for SS 7000, there are no Error Code Reference in the manual (i.e. d704), and no explanation for the "Punch Sensor Dwell".

I know that you have a vauable aknowledgment, but you are too far from Mexico to ask a full service for the equipment to be paid.

I am very thanked for your help, in any ways, I'll be searching for that reference in other sites.

Greetings Vlad.

AGFA SelectSet 7000

AGFA SelectSet 7000

Vlad:

How much is the charge ($) for your textual assistance?

It may be necessary to ask for more help.

Thank you very much.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back