Selling capital equipment

sceptical munro

Hi I am a agent/dealer selling supplies to the print trade , when selling capital equipment to a customer ,is it better for me to get my supplier to quote my customer direct and they just include my commission in the quote ?, or should I redo there quote with my company details and then add on my commission ?. I'm talking about CTP equipment .

Hi I am a agent/dealer selling supplies to the print trade , when selling capital equipment to a customer ,is it better for me to get my supplier to quote my customer direct and they just include my commission in the quote ?, or should I redo there quote with my company details and then add on my commission ?. I'm talking about CTP equipment .

IMHO, if your supplier is handling the finances then your commission should be a line item on their invoice to the client. If you are handling the finances and you're billing the client and you're paying your supplier then there's no need to state your commission on your invoice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back