Separated PDF

dauby

Hi,

I have a separated PDF. Is there an action list that will make a composite PDF?

Thanks, Dauby

combine seps

combine seps

quite a lot of steps, but works at times:

if you got pitstop and re-color each sep accordingly (select all, remap color grey space to sep c, m, y, k), then lay them on top of each other in indesign and set each to multiply (transparency feature), export. done.

not a composite as nice as the one done with seps2comp, but might work for you, did work for me.

Last edited:
separated PostScript -> composite PDF

separated PostScript -> composite PDF

Hi Dauby,

When creating trapping objects in Quatrk XPress was all the rage, back when people printed color separation film to imagesetters, AGFA designed a method to consume separated PostScript and take the separation plates and then re-combine it to a single page PDF with each plate set to overprint each other.

I believe that most AGFA Apogee users still have that feature, but lets face it, the better approach is to find to silly person who created the separated PDF and tell them to stop doing that.

So, you can find a service provider who has Kodak (Creo) or AGFA and they can do it for you.

Or, if you have some money, buy some kit from Callas

en [callas software]

one quick and dirty way (if you have no money) is to open each plate in Adobe Photoshop (at 600 ppi, for example) and merge them.

Binary FX: Photoshop Tech Vault 3.0

hope this helps !

I'm taking the root of sending the files back and have them send composite. To many pages (60 every month) for me to do. Thanks for all your input.

Dauby

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back