sheetfeed rollers

Bottom line is you get what you pay for... The time it takes to change rollers and cost involved Botcher will be cheaper in long run.

Bottcher rollers are cheap and inferior. You know nothing about this subject so stay out of it. Heidelberg refuse to use them as they can't handle the speed of the new machinery. If you're running a 10 or 20 year old *** which runs ** jobs day in day out at a poultry speed then perhaps Bottcher are the best but in reality they're far from it, fact!

Last edited by a moderator:
mmmmmmmmmmmm !

mmmmmmmmmmmm !

Maestro of All,

Thank you for the inflammatory remarks -- perhaps you could enlighten us on the

"fundamentals" of what properties make good - Offset Press Inking Rollers ?

Regards, Alois

Heidelberg refuse to use them as they can't handle the speed of the new machinery.

Funny you say this. Because we have a new XL 105 that came with all new Bottcher rollers, except for the pan and water form, which are a-korn. And when i was in thier show room they had nothing but Bottcher rollers in there.

Bottcher rollers are cheap and inferior. You know nothing about this subject so stay out of it. Heidelberg refuse to use them as they can't handle the speed of the new machinery. If you're running a 10 or 20 year old *** which runs ** jobs day in day out at a poultry speed then perhaps Bottcher are the best but in reality they're far from it, fact!

Bottcher rollers are not cheap, or inferior. I suspect if Heidleberg refused to use them it was for another reason other than their quality or performance record. If press speed is damaging rubber rollers I would say there is a problem with the inker cooling system.

Maestro of All,

Thank you for the inflammatory remarks -- perhaps you could enlighten us on the

"fundamentals" of what properties make good - Offset Press Inking Rollers ?

Regards, Alois

Glad I could be of service to you squire! Let me start by saying I couldn't give a toss about the "fundamentals" as you so eloquently put it of which properties make good offset inkers. So in short no I can't! Could you tell me where your experience lies with 18 000 iph perfectors and carton presses? Could you also tell me your average make ready times and how many sheets you put on the floor per hour? Finally a few client names would enable me to see just what kind of quality you're expected to produce.

Regards maestro x

Funny you say this. Because we have a new XL 105 that came with all new Bottcher rollers, except for the pan and water form, which are a-korn. And when i was in thier show room they had nothing but Bottcher rollers in there.

Must be American? I can assure you that you are behind the Europeans here. I've been all around Heidelberg research and development department in wiesloch and they use westlands. Rebranded as saphira. I've never heard of A-Korn rollers to be honest so must be an American company. Therefore I can't comment on that particular rollers performance. Can you tell me if it has a latex coating on your pan?

Bottcher rollers are not cheap, or inferior. I suspect if Heidleberg refused to use them it was for another reason other than their quality or performance record. If press speed is damaging rubber rollers I would say there is a problem with the inker cooling system.

Bottcher pans and dampers swell. They're a nightmare. When the machine first came out they had Bottcher inkers Westland pans and dampers. That's what Germany recommended. They then fell out with Bottcher and went all Westland. They are now doing a deal with rotordyne as they have better facilities worldwide. I have new machinery it works very well and I can assure you I have no problems with my cooled ducts, inkers or waters on press. Besides let's just say you are right. It would ruin all rollers!! Not just Bottcher! Lol

I can produce 155 000 sheets of four colour in a 12 hour shift with various make readies. My pans are spotless at the end of the day. I run my alcohol at 1.5% and dose my fount at 4% my damping runs at between 23 and 30% (stock dependant) I'm within a delta e tolerance of 2.5 after 300 sheets. The rest are file copies! Lol

I can produce 155 000 sheets of four colour in a 12 hour shift with various make readies. My pans are spotless at the end of the day. I run my alcohol at 1.5% and dose my fount at 4% my damping runs at between 23 and 30% (stock dependant) I'm within a delta e tolerance of 2.5 after 300 sheets. The rest are file copies! Lol

Real printers don't require alcohol....in the press that is!

I know I'm biased, and probably shouldn't interject in this conversation, but there is new technology worthy of looking into. It's a resin based technology from Japan, made by Graphic, that improves ink transfer and clean up.

I know I'm biased, and probably shouldn't interject in this conversation, but there is new technology worthy of looking into. It's a resin based technology from Japan, made by Graphic, that improves ink transfer and clean up.
Sounds good. Can you tell me anymore about it?

Sounds good. Can you tell me anymore about it?

The concept behind resin based technology is that the ink does not permeate into the pores of the material, so everything stays at the surface. This helps with better transfer and faster wash-ups. However, the cleaning solvents are critical to ensure good roller life. I can send you additional information, if you are still interested. Send me your email address, and I'll send it out to you, or you can check our website for more info.

Trust rollers by Graphic - Excellent performance on full UV inks, Hybrid UV inks and conventional. Hold a setting/stripe better and much longer than previously mentioned name brands. Wash up extremely well in all cases. Press came with Bottcher, swtiched to Rotadyne and for the past year these. Long story but I am extremely happy with this product. If you want more info please send me a private message. I am not interested in debating the topic as it is extremely opinion based and can be affected by wash, calcium, maintenance, ink type, ink grind etc etc etc... I am just sharing real world info for anyone that wants to try them..... happy printing!

Trust rollers by Graphic - Excellent performance on full UV inks, Hybrid UV inks and conventional. Hold a setting/stripe better and much longer than previously mentioned name brands. Wash up extremely well in all cases. Press came with Bottcher, swtiched to Rotadyne and for the past year these. Long story but I am extremely happy with this product. If you want more info please send me a private message. I am not interested in debating the topic as it is extremely opinion based and can be affected by wash, calcium, maintenance, ink type, ink grind etc etc etc... I am just sharing real world info for anyone that wants to try them..... happy printing!

Reference my post/link from 2/3/12.....on Trust rollers....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back