Sherpamatic43 not printing 2 sided

danovh

Does anybody know how to set up a Sherpamatic 43 to print 2 sided? I set the file up in print drive to print Sheet wise, Work & Turn, ect. but the sherpa still prints 1 side.
When I reboot, the machine goes through all it's function normally, the mechanism to flip the paper seems to work. I can't find any settings in any of the manuals that determines weather it prints 2 sided or 1 sided.

If you are printing from Printdrive - make sure you are not printing one side only - you can select which side or both in the left field with a blue checkmark - also make sure you are printing flats and not pages.

Printing both sides, and flats is selected. If I have a single file and send it work & turn it spit's out two of the same thing, so print drive is sending the data correctly, the sherpa is just not flipping the sheet. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the sherpa itself.

It's been a while but double-check the media setting for the SherpaMatic device settings on PrintDrive. Make sure you are using something that supports two sided printing. I think there is AIPP (Agfa Imposition Proofing Paper) or perhaps ADSI (Agfa Double Sided Imposition). Does this help?

Best regards,
hp

I don't have any other option than "paper". If I go to the manage media, the only options are "Film, Plate or Paper". The set up for the Sherpa was working 2 sided on an old machine that was put out of commission a long time ago, the one in question was just purchased very cheap, and I just changed the IP address to match the old one, so no changes were made to the sherpa in the print drive settings. I'm thinking there's some setting on the sherpa itself that needs to change, or the there's something wrong with the sherpa. The sherpa manual doesn't specify anything in the settings that apply to 2 sided printing, except for loading double sided paper.

Sorry, it's been so long since we had PrintDrive. Try checking the profile/lookup or inksplit table settings you are using for Matic device. I believe they usually start with AIPP and the like. AIPP is one of the key settings needed to achieve two-sided proofing.

I believe your correct, if I plot the machine parameters, it flips the sheet and I can plot something on the other side, so that tells me the Sherpa works properly. I will do some poking around to find the setting for dual sided printing. I will reply with my solution.
Thanks for all your help.

I finally have it working, it was the ink tables and proofer profile plus some other things that were incorrect. Thanks to everybody for there input. It's amazing that I get better info from users than the machine documentation.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back