Shop lighting

pq man

What type of lighting is being used as general shop lighting? bulbs? Also which bulbs are being used over the press counsels?

5000K around the press consul and in the light booth, Along the side of the press its regular Fluorescent lighting angled into the press with UV shields due to our UV inks.

What type of lighting is being used as general shop lighting? bulbs? Also which bulbs are being used over the press counsels?

For viewing booths and press consul ISO 3664:2000 specifies 5000K (the color temperature) D50 (the spectral distribution) with a Ra index (effect of light on colored objects) greater than 90 (100 is the best).

For the rest of the shop I would suggest "warm" fluorescents as the make for a more pleasing environment than "cold" fluorescents. Recognize though that the lighting will spill into the press consul and viewing booths. The effect on how colors appear can be dramatic so, if you can use the proper lights in the press and proof areas.

best, gordo

Fiat Lux again !

Fiat Lux again !

Hello fellow Lithographers,

I suggest you read the PDFs I have posted.

Thread: What is the specification for viewing conditions?

Date: 01/25/2010 or English date 25/01/2010

Regards, Alois

UV Inks can be affected by stray ultraviolet light in and around a printing
facility resulting in ink drying during the course of a long run. Be
aware of skylights, windows, and overhead lights possibly curing the ink. Precautions include the use of light filters that block out the damaging wavelengths.

Freeman, we decided to do this as a best pratice because we also have some daylight around the press as well as the Fluorescents.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back