Short cover Problem in Centre Pinning Books

Jayshree

Hi All,

I am facing the problem in finished books,
While centre pinning binding the cover paper get short than text pages after online cutting.
If anyone could help me to resolve the problem, please reply

Thanks and Regards,
Jayshree

Looks like Bret is asking the right question. If the text was printed on a web press this is referred to as web growth. When the stock is going through the oven on the web is sucks out all the moisture from the sheet. As the stock sits it will regain moisture & GROW. It's a common problem with web work.

Yep, you took the words from my fingertips. The only way I know to get around it is to let the signatures acclimate and grow before binding, but there is usually not enough time for that.

Bret

Hi,
Thanks for your valuable comments.

The text is printed on both cold set and heat set web press.

We take the signatures for binding after min. 24 hrs. after printing, and i think if the only moisture regain issue is there then this is enough time to regain moisture,

Again when we print on heat set press then the moisture issue gets valid, but may not be valid for cold set web press.

Apart from all, we did trial and errors for the problem on single knife cutting machine and problem is getting resolved.........but it is not possible for regular practice as we bind the lacks of job.

Thus problem is arising only at the time of online cutting (i.e. 3 knife cutting) on pinning machine, and max. 2.00 mm of short cover is there.

Please pursue some ideas so that this problem could resolve.

Thanks and Regards,
Jayshree

Hi,
No ideas?????
Please reply for any idea, as this is one of the critical task which i could not resolved still.

I am looking forward for suggessions from my seniors as well juniors in print industry

Thanks and Regards,
Jayshree

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back