should I use the CT printer to print the one bit tiff documents in EFI software ?

kennylzf

hello , everyone !
I am trying to learn the efi colorproof software.But I meet one problem these days.
one of my customers want to print the one bit tiff documents . but the proofing software is EFI colorproof v4.0 and the printer is EPSON 7900 . I Know that there is no EPSON 7900HT in the software . so ,should I use the 7900CT to print it ?

Best regards!

kennylzf

Ken, it sounds like you purchased the Epson/EFI bundle that is being advertised above this boz and to the right.
You should direct your requests to:

1. Your reseller from whom you bought the bundle
2. Epson tech support
3. Local EFI tech

Epson should be an expert here, right?....;-)

I'm not too familiar with EFI's standalone or bundled solutions, but other proofing systems offer dotproof and/or descreening modules, purchased separately, for proofing 1 bit tiffs. I would guess EFI is similar.

Using a contone system with 1 bit tiffs, if possible, would likely lead to poor results.

Last edited:
Ken, it sounds like you purchased the Epson/EFI bundle that is being advertised above this boz and to the right.
You should direct your requests to:

1. Your reseller from whom you bought the bundle
2. Epson tech support
3. Local EFI tech

Epson should be an expert here, right?....;-)

Thank you very much !
But no answer reply from my reseller and EFI ,
then the EPSON person said that I should ask software company .
so...... help me , god !

Using a contone system with 1 bit tiffs, if possible, would likely lead to poor results.[/QUOTE]

Yes , I have tried this . The result is poor.

Thank you very much!

I believe - and I may nor be 100% certain - that EFI does not currently have a Halftone driver for the Epson x900 printer. therefore, you must use a contone driver. I also do not know for certian if you can do color iterations to dial in your results.

As I have said here before, I believe that GMG has a very strong solution for "dot proofing" with inkjet. I have seen this before when the HP 3100 came out and EFI did not have a halftone driver.

In the Epson/EFI bundle you basically get the "One Bit Option" for free. It usually requires some sophisticated install and training knowledge that your reseller should discuss with you. I suggest engaging a "color management consultant" to help you. Why? Because if you get the desired dots you want, your customer will also ask you to match color. If you can do iterations, you will be OK. If not, then the "free" option may not have much value.

you didnt say the options you have but the epson package
states:-
epson 7900/9900 efi package
Regardless of the workflow you're using today, as your client's needs change, you can rest assured your ( efi )proofing system will handle it.
From the standard TIFF, EPS and PS, to the latest in PDF and JDF workflows, EFI has complete compatibility. And, with EFI's standard OneBit TIFF support, you can produce reliable, high-quality screen proofs that are truer to your final press sheet.

make sure you download the software updates and check the licence is enabled for one bit tiff

the iterations are a doddle as the colour calibration software is extremely intuitive and user friendly.
in our proof tests (epson 7900) we got less than 1 deltaE :) iso39 proofs which we have never achieved with any other rip

edwin

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back