Signa Station and creep

chiefy

Registered Users
Can anyone give me some tips to correctly setting up an 8pp gatefold in the middle of a saddle stiched job with creep applied.
I have added 3mm scale creep to a job and the last scheme contains an 8pp double gate fold. The creep gets applied to this also. I know i can turn it off on those pages. If i leave it on it applied the creep to the inner pages of the gatefold spread but pushes the outer pages in the wrong direction. Should i be setting up a particular folding scheme or is there another way?

Signa and creep

Signa and creep

I think you would have to create a new product part for the gatefold, this will keep the creep in one part and not the other.

problem solved

problem solved

Ive solved this issue now myself.
Yes a second product will help, but you can also edit the creep for one scheme within a product part but more importantly i needed to change the 'centre offset' in order to stipulate what fold is to be the spine. This then has an impact on which way the creep is applied across a roll fold or gatefold forcing pages to be treated as a left or right page. Originally this was all screwed up for any spread after the gatefold as the left and right pages were treated in signa the other way round.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back