SM 102 10p register movement

tomatron

Has anyone that runs a SM 102 experienced register movement on these machines? The movement is mostly horizontally and diagonally. The press is a 2008 and we have had it since new.

Oh yes, I run a 6 color cd 102 and can always count on some drift in position. Not much, and always in the same unit, and always about 6 to 8 points. It's strange because it only happens once during m/r, then I'm good. It's a communication problem between the console and the unit. Our mechanic says the register "brakes" are good because the position holds after an "e-stop". It's one of those things you get used to, and always look out for. I've encountered diagonal drift as well. Wait until your pull lay adjustment starts walking across the feedboard on its own. Love that Heidelberg software

if your register movement is in one unit it can be the pot. for the motor. either lateral or circumferential. it can also be the motor. Also you can try swapping SSK boards from one unit to the next and see if the problem moves to the other unit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back