sm74 counter

Paultheprinter

hi there,

does anybody know where the sensors are for the counter on a 5col sm74? i assume they take there info from more than one point as they have the ability to count bad sheets as well, its a non perfector if that helps. All info on this will help as im trying to find out the probability of them reading wrong i know its slim anyway but if i know how they work then i can argue my point.

Paul

It uses a roller switch in the feeder. The roller switch is engauged by a cam that connects to the same shaft that operates the cams for the pull rails. Its been a while since I've been there, but its in that neighborhood. I had a problem with these before. When they go bad, or start going bad they display a count larger than what is there. If your tabbing a job and your SURE that your tabber is working properly (thats hit and miss), go back and count out a few sets.

cheers,

i know where that it, i thinks it has an orange switch which looks like a delivery limit switch.Im sure were all ok with the count as the problems would have to be on 3 presses, thanks Paul

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back