Smart Marks

Galrun7

Hello all,
I have been looking around everywhere, but I can't seem to find out how to create smart marks in either Packedge or Illustrator to show up in Plato where i want to place them. Anyone have any tips. We are using Scope 7 R4. I actually created the marks I wanted in Packedge but when I exported to GRS file, it wouldn't come into Plato correctly. Please let me know if anyone has any good ideas on this.

Much appreciated

Maybe that's because you are using a newer version of plato that doesn't support grs files. You can normalize the grs to a pdf and add the smartmark as an image file.

Not that familiar with ESS7 but you should not call it Scope anymore, that's the old name ;-)
Also it is recommended to use normalized PDF these days, GRS is the old format.

There is a specific directory to which you must save your SmartMarks so that they are available in Plato etc.. Contact EskoArtwork Support ( here are the support contact info Contact - EskoArtwork) and I am sure they can assist you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back