So, how's the 700s running?

Chec.c, Stressed, Wildcatt and others, can you update your location in your profile.

I wonder where in the world you are. I can't believe people can't still get supplies or parts for the Xerox 700. It's been a couple of months already since everything was fixed here in the USA.

hmmm...I don't usually defend Xerox but I have to on two points.

1. I'd hope a professional printer would understand the basic differences between papers and why running a substrate not made for a laser printer would or could be problematic. Just because it worked on another machine means nothing.

2. Any serious printer is going to keep their inventory and equipment in a climate controlled environment. That means regulating temperature and humidity...usually heaters in the building and central air is sufficient, however the "big boy" printers have mist sprayers and industrial systems in their warehouses. It makes a huge difference!

Honestly, if a customer violated the above two principles I'd walk away until they remedied those two situations. I wouldn't waste my time trying to fix a machine in a jungle or a swamp.

Xerox 700 / 770 is a P.O.S.

I have two clients here in Vegas that run them

The registration is a JOKE.

Not even close. 1 mil? Ya right.

Try about 3 mil +

AND ...... it FLOATS between sheets in the SAME job set

Good luck cutting stuff down with that happening.

Junk machine.

Xerox 700 / 770 is a P.O.S.

I have two clients here in Vegas that run them

The registration is a JOKE.

Not even close. 1 mil? Ya right.

Try about 3 mil +

AND ...... it FLOATS between sheets in the SAME job set

Good luck cutting stuff down with that happening.

Junk machine.

I have 7 770/700i customers and they are all happy with the registration. No floating and the registration is always under 1 mill. They use mostly digital paper (xerox and non xerox) and they have no problems with them.

2 of my customers have faced some challenges with the registration when printing preprinted offset paper, but those challenges have been resolved.

Wow - A lot of old threads being raised from the dead lately.

Maybe there really is something to that whole zombie thing that people on the east coast are talking about.

Have a 700 for about 6 mos now and not a single problem except for heavy saturation....booklet maker is the greatest thing about it!!

Our 700 is getting worse and worse with registration, and like a previous poster said "1 mil ya right!" :(

It must be me. I was very bored in my unexciting life so was doing a lot of key word searches and most of the threads were pretty old.

Wow - A lot of old threads being raised from the dead lately.

Maybe there really is something to that whole zombie thing that people on the east coast are talking about.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back