So I tried... (Adobe vs CorelDraw)

Keith

Ok, I tried CorelDraw and I didn't like it. Well, let me rephrase that. I realized how much I use PDFs and Acrobat and it will suck having to open PDFs in CorelDraw everyday. I created a document in Corel and saved it as a PDF, then tried to open it. It appeared to treat every letter as an object or something. I don't know. Maybe I should have tried harder/longer. But I have all my customers trained to send me PDFs so I work in Acrobat most of the time. So I decided to stick with the monopoly, er, I mean, Adobe because I'd have to get it for Acrobat anyway.

One Corel Draw advocate among dozens of Adobe advocates; reflects current marketshare for better or worse.
Use whatever tool gets the job done in your environment. David makes very compelling arguments for CD - in HIS work.

We use AI native files 99.5% of the time. Very rarely open Acrobat or ID.
Find editing PDF's with Acrobat clunky and very limited for our needs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back