So is ArtPro+ the new…

StillWaiting

So looks like ArtPro+ is likely the new unified PDF editor?
AE 14 will still have full versions of PackEdge 14 and ArtPro 14. Esko has listed what's new in AE14 on a
link at the top of help.esko.com page. Put can't find anything if Neo is sticking around?
And reading the migrating from Nexus RIP to Imaging Engine was interesting. Sounds like fun!

Your are correct Artpro+ is based on the unified PDF editor.. I got to play with it at Esko World.. They are moving in the right direction.
From what I'm told Neo will be replaced in 14-18 months give or take 6 months :) Expect limited updates :(
They still have lots of work getting Artpro stuff moved over.
Artpro 14 and Packedge 14 are just minor revs and updates will slow down so that work can be on Artpro+

What I have been told is that you will see new releases of Artpro+ every 3 months. In these releases they will be adding new functionality until they have migrated all functions of Artpro, PackEdge & Neo.

BTW, I agree with macdevin. I was there with him and they are not just migrating existing technology, they are completely re-thinking everything. I think what you will end up with is an editor that is easier to use then illustrator.

Unfortunately I didn't get to attend but I have now read through most if not all of the '14 literature. I am very optimistic about this.

Not to get off topic:
I'm both bummed and surprised that there wasn't more improvement in regards to plato. It's by far the squeakiest wheel.

On a side note:
Was there any warm/fuzzy talk about how they are going to deal with customers already under contract with the licensing changes? It's hard enough negotiating the contracts when they expire to begin with. For once I actually feel some empathy for the sales team. Hopefully somebody near the top will be authorized some kind of "rounded corner" leniency to just make reliable customers happy. I just entered a new multiyear contract recently and under this new model I suppose I now own pieces of this and pieces of that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back