So,what are hobbies away from work???

I am into classic cars,my parents and i have a few. I like to ride my Harley and hang with my friends and i love to cook out and chill and play guitar and make up songs off the cuff.
I enjoy going to car shows and the races,local tracks, NASCAR and Drag Racing.
What do y'all do to get your mind off Printing.:confused:

Last edited:
Well I am a geek at heart...here are my hobbies...don't laugh!

I am heavily into ancient wargaming...my fiance says I play with little metal "boy-barbies".

And i race offroad remote controlled trucks.

Last edited:
I myself enjoy my bikes, my bulldogs, working on my home and spending time with my family.As far as printing go's after 25 years , IT is for sure in my blood and now in my old and worn out 43 year old knees, but all jokes aside It sure has been good to me and if I had the chance to do it all over again,................where do I sign up.

Hobby is sign language

Hobby is sign language

My hobby is sign language, I find it fascinating you can communicate with your hands and I don't mean the rude words.
It's amazing just how many people are starting to learn the subject and it's really funny when about 30 of us meet in a pub,
The rule is nobody's allowed to talk and when you get to meet somebody who is deaf you see there face lights up, because they can talk to you.:)

It changes every few years, but BMW boxers (motorcycles) have managed to keep my attention. I have three right now and ride them rain or shine, from 20F to 115F...

Away from work? What is this condition you speak of? Sounds like it could lead to things like fun, and we can't have that. lol

Seriously, science fiction (Dr. Who/BSG remake), finding new an interesting ways the house can drain the budget, fun shtuff. Working on unix boxes (BSD/Linux) for "fun". Occasionally going out for sushi or catching a movie.

Lets see...outside of printing...I personally love to read, walk my corgi, play World of Warcraft, and hang around a few forums. Seems outside of that stuff and working, I don't have time for anything else.

I also enjoy my G&Ts in the evenings...that really helps keep my mind off of printing!

away from work...

away from work...

how do you guys have time to do all those things. it feels like as soon as i'm off work, it's time to sleep. Somehow that needs to change-how much everyone has to work. when i have free time, i do old people things like mow my lawn, take drives in the canyons, hike and bike.

for 10 years I did photography on the weekends for a magazine out of Canada, but digital photography wrecked it as everybody with a camera had a hot girlfriend and decided to give their work away for free just to be in mags :(

Now I just sleep on the weekends :)

Hmmmm.... For mine it used to be Rugby League in winter, Cricket in summer, and drag racing all year round with my home built VH Commy in the super street bracket racing category. These days with a couple of kids the racing is out, and now I need a new should and a new knee, so the sports are out too :(

So now I'm an F1 tragic (Go Mclaren!!!), follow V8 Supercars, and my beloved Manly Sea Eagles. My wife an I are building a drift weapon S13 for some weekend funs, and other than that we try to travel as much as possible... Planning on heading to Europe again in 12 months or so...

Unfortunately we both work too many hours these days to really devote much time to out of work activities. Such is life..... Sigh...

Sports helps me get my mind off work

Sports helps me get my mind off work

Sports helps me get my mind off work... I like Swimming, Running, Extreme Mountain Biking, Tennis, Golf, Cave Diving and hitting the Gym. Also listening to Music and watching Movies is something I enjoy... And I find these activities helps me work better too.

Last edited:
When not thinking about punting, I am online on various social networks, blogging, online games, go on a tour with friends (travel for pleasure).

My main hobby - Cosmo Glassworks

Aside from that, I have recently gotten into the sport of triathlon. I've long been a cyclist, but recently added swimming and running to it. Not very good at any of them, but I enjoy trying...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back