Soft Proofing in GTA

BeauchampT

I am looking into soft proofing for practical appraisal purposes on a print shop floor.

I've been doing a little looking around, and we already have some basic software/hardware (i.e. i1 Pro and i1 Match), but I really want to get a feel for how effective it is and what sort of monitors/setup we would need.

Anyone in the GTA using soft proofing on their shop floor? Would you be open to sharing how you set yourself up, or better yet, a visit?

Thanks,

T

I am looking into soft proofing for practical appraisal purposes on a print shop floor.

I've been doing a little looking around, and we already have some basic software/hardware (i.e. i1 Pro and i1 Match), but I really want to get a feel for how effective it is and what sort of monitors/setup we would need.

Anyone in the GTA using soft proofing on their shop floor? Would you be open to sharing how you set yourself up, or better yet, a visit?

Thanks,

T

Just for clarity. GTA is the Greater Toronto Area.

They might not know this in Texas. :)

I thought Canadians were too cold to smell...

Contact GTI - they've done some custom booths for people using softproofing on the press floor.

Also, contact Remote Director - they have press-side soft proofing to stick into these custom booths that GTI builds. :~)

Those two sources will be able to tell you if anyone in your neighborhood is using the technology.

Or if you are looking for a more advanced solution check out Viki Solutions Vera Creative Workflow and Prepress Portal. We came from Creo/Kodak and have built a proofing API to replace RealTimeProof and Smart Review System and we also replace InSite Prepress Portal. Sorry for the plug!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back