Speaking of old guillotine cutters ......

printingt

So, I have, and still use on a daily basis, a Chandler &Price, Patented July 14, 1909, 26" guillotine cutter. Not sure what year it was actually made, but I can do some jobs on there that I cannot safely do on our powered cutter. Anyway, the blades have been ground down to where all of the adjustment is gone, and our guy that sharpened our blades has gone out of business. Does ANYONE have any idea of how I relate to someone who sells blades the specifications I am needing to get a fresh blade or two in order to keep this dinosaur alive for the next several years?

Some blade sharpening companies can make new ones to your specifications. Check the web. Google paper cutter knives, see what you get/.

a good machine shop should be able to take your blade and extrapolate a wider blade from it.

So, I have, and still use on a daily basis, a Chandler &Price, Patented July 14, 1909, 26" guillotine cutter. Not sure what year it was actually made, but I can do some jobs on there that I cannot safely do on our powered cutter. Anyway, the blades have been ground down to where all of the adjustment is gone, and our guy that sharpened our blades has gone out of business. Does ANYONE have any idea of how I relate to someone who sells blades the specifications I am needing to get a fresh blade or two in order to keep this dinosaur alive for the next several years?

Just out of curiosity, what would you still have a need for having this huge hunk of metal sitting around over a decent hydraulic cutter?

Just out of curiosity, what would you still have a need for having this huge hunk of metal sitting around over a decent hydraulic cutter?

I don't think that I have all of the attachments to do booklet trimming on our powered cutter, and find that the mechanical cutter gives me better control of the cut. Whether it is a face trim only, or trimming on all three sides, I'm in control of the status of the booklets in the pile, as well as the blade. Sure, I'd love to have a booklet maker with a 3 knife setup, but cannot justify the investment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back