Speedmaster 74 shutting down after 30-80 sheets

jaci

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have ever had a problem with a speedmaster 74 shutting down after about 30-80 sheets.
There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for the press to stop. There are no sensor problems that we can detect. This happens randomly in production mode as well as in wash up mode. If anyone has any suggestions of things to check, any advice would be helpful. We are trying to do as much trouble shooting as possible before we call Heidelberg. Thanks in advance for your help.

so it will idle all day but speed up to wash at 7000 iph or feed at 7000 and it shuts down?

will it feed for a longer time at 4000iph?

if its speed related my total guess would be motor/ control/ break

Check the front lay sensors on the feeder. They can get dusty or dirty. I had this happen when the press was washing up and just stopped. Our main operator would have noticed it on the monitor but I did not see it as an error. Looks like a red rectangle or square with a line going through it on the monitor.

Don't know if I'm too late, but I just had this problem on a CD74. There is a red bar (guard) that is right between the plate and blanket cylinder. Ink had built up in the form of a ring on the gear side right at the bearer and was causing the bar to hit the lead edge of the blanket cylinder just enough to trip the press off.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back